Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Offers for Data Plans
BeachGirl009
Enthusiast

I have been a Verizon customer for over 20 years.  Three years ago I upgraded to a Family Plan and added the phones for my parents to my plan.  I chose the 6 GB data plan and paid $60 per month.  In the last few weeks, I researched other phone carriers and all of them had lower prices, even for unlimited data plans.  I contacted Verizon to find out if there were any better rates for my account.  After taking eight minutes to explain over & over what I was requesting.... and then telling the Rep I would probably switch to a different mobile carrier, he told me... yes, there was a new plan available THAT DAY for loyal customers age 55 or over.  He could switch my account to unlimited data for the same price of $60 per month.  I asked him how long that plan had been available, and he said for some time.  I asked why no one at Verizon had ever informed me of this lower rate for a data plan, and he said it was UP TO ME to ALWAYS BE CHECKING my account online to find a better rate.  My friends use AT&T for their mobile plan and they receive notifications when they are eligible for a better rate.  I did sign up that day for the lower data plan rate, but I have to wait 7 days to the next billing cycle before I get the unlimited data.  So it seems to me Verizon doesn't care whether they keep their customers or not.  Also---- a few times I have exceeded the prior monthly 6GB of data by a small amount and had to pay a fee for going over.  I asked if those fees could be refunded to me, and he said no.  On top of some other issues I encountered with Verizon this week, I am seriously considering changing carriers.  I am NOT HAPPY with Verizon.

0 Likes