How long am I locked out of paying when "exceeded the maximum allowed credit card updates"
s_C

I tried updating my address one time. The website now will not allow me to pay by any method. Not by phone, not by entering a new credit card, not when I originally tried changing the address on my existing credit card.

Apparently updating my credit card one time exceeded the maximum allowed credit card updates.

Chat support cannot help.

When will this 'lock' be unlocked so I can pay again?

0 Likes
Re: How long am I locked out of paying when "exceeded the maximum allowed credit card updates"
s_C

I found many years worth of posts on this community with the same issue - people being unable to pay for this same reason.

One of the users posted that the only way to pay is to buy a Verizon Prepaid Phone Card and pay that way. I'll save you some time: nobody around where I live sells them anymore. Why not? because people pay online now!

I went to the local Verizon store, they also do not sell prepaid Verizon cards.

However, they were able to take my payment and reactivate my phone.

Their suggestion of 'Switch to post-paid to fix this issue' was probably also a good solution to this issue, if you don't mind paying exactly twice as much per month for the exact same services.

0 Likes
Re: How long am I locked out of paying when "exceeded the maximum allowed credit card updates"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to manage your payments without a hassle is vital. Let's gather more information. You mentioned that you've spoken with our support team. What solution was given to the payment problem? For clarification, is your account marked as Cash Only? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want there to be any frustration when completing payments. Let's see if there's any additional information we can provide on the issue.  For clarification, is this for a Prepaid account? 

0 Likes
jayrachi

i am also unable to pay my phone plan, getting the same error

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Do you have a Prepaid account?TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
VictoriaAtkins
Enthusiast - Level 1

yes its a prepaid account and I cannot pay my bill online or via my telephone because it keeps telling me I have exceeded the maximum allowable credit card updates

lildee0980
Enthusiast - Level 1

What is the solution to this?  It has been 2 days and no one can help me on chat or by phone. If it isn't back on by tomorrow, I will need to find a different provider. I have 2 party authentication for some of my banks and I cannot access them without my phone and need my phone for work. This is really inconvenient, 

0 Likes