Correct Data Representation?
BlueE46
Enthusiast - Level 2

The My Verizon App on iOS reports data usage in kilobytes (KB) whereas the web version of My Verizon shows usage/data in megabytes (MB).  Which one is correct? How can one report this to Verizon to add to their updates?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Correct Data Representation?
Snn5
Legend

The My Verizon App can show MB instead of KB.  It takes 1000 KB to equal 1 MB, so its just a conversion of measurement terms, but equals the same.  Much like 100 pennies = $1.

0 Likes
BlueE46
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I understand that.  I wasn't clear enough.  For example, My Verizon app for iOS showed yesterday's data usage at 440.94 KB whereas the online version of My Verizon / Usage / Data shows yesterdays data usage at 440.94 MB. Same number, different denominator.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

While I would certainly err on the higher side as in MB over KB, I would check my phone's data meter and maybe even have Verizon send a text to me with the data use and compare.  Usually phones come close to matching actual usage in comparison to Verizon's meter.  However, this does sound a bit off and most likely Verizon would have to find a way to make the adjustment on the account side, or the account page.  Check your list of apps that used data for that time period and compare.  Half a GB in a day is kinda high in my opinion, especially if you did not use any apps that suck data, like GPS or video, or any streaming apps.

0 Likes
BlueE46
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the feedback ... I appreciate it.  I'm pretty certain that the usage is in KB as I have a basic plan and track my usage.  The remaining data on my plan is correct across the board (verified on iOS, Web, Text).  The crux of my post is to hope that someone on the Verizon side of the fence sees the post and notes that the online page is incorrect with the MB listing (over KB) and prompts the change.  I'm hesitant to call or chat as I don't believe tier 1 support would take my query seriously and escalate to the proper place.  And since there's no product support email address ...

I'm taking the passive approach and throwing this out there to see if someone will pay attention.  If not, oh well ... at least someone tried.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

How did you correct this issue?  I didn't see the resolution posted.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important that you can easily track your usage, BlueE46. We certainly don't want to cause any confusion. Is it possible for you to provide a screen shot of these instances? If you are able to provide a screen shot, please black out any account information including your phone number and name. We can this lift this up for further support.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BlueE46
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sure ...

From iOS (pardon the scaling, reducing the size distorted quality):

My Verizon iOS.png

From verizonwireless.com:

My Verizon Online.PNG

Thank you for addressing this!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Is this prepaid?  Cause I have prepaid and the app and website ALWAYS differ between the MB and KB, with the website generally being correct in that regard, because my app seems to always lag behind in its updating.  I see where the numbers are the same, but it seems that the app is always having some issue keeping consistent and uniform information across all screens.  Mine even shows "remaining" data sometimes and "used" data at other times.

0 Likes
BlueE46
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yup - prepaid.  For the most part, I'm happy with the service and My Verizon.  Though, this little glitch has been bugging me.

0 Likes