voicemail not working
dannymetzger

LG G3 with VS98523A.  Visual voicemail is not working since the Lollipop upgrade. Get error message stating "unfortunately, voice mail has stopped". I have cleared the cache and force stopped the application then rebooted the phone. Still not working. Anyone have any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: voicemail not working
Snn5
Legend

This is the first G3 I have heard of so far getting Lollipop on Verizon.  That's why I think you may have done something wrong when you tinkered.  Might be that VM only plays well with Official Stock Firmware.

0 Likes
dannymetzger

This is the OTA update.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, I read up on that version.  From most searches it is a side-loaded update and unapproved method.  However, if you are correct, we should start seeing more posts related to praises and complaints shortly.  Until then, you can remove the app or disable it and call or log into your My Verizon and remove the feature, save, power down the phone, then power back on.  You can also re-add the feature the same way.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dannymetzger The voicemail is a very necessary function and we want to make sure it works properly. The software version you provided does not match what we are showing as the latest version for the LG G3. How was the visual voicemail working before the software change? Also, is this a 3rd party voicemail application?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport