process.com android has stopped
JOHKOV25

This is the message I get and my phine will not work

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: process.com android has stopped
JOHPIT65

I have the same problem on my Samsung s8, let me know if you have any luck.  Thanks

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Did you just do an update to your S8?

Anyway, you might want to try "clearing the System Cache". On the S8, from the web:

1. Make sure you turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times in order to highlight “Wipe cache partition.”
  5. Press the Power key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “Yes” and press the Power key to select.
  7. After the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.
stef7
Master - Level 2

I don't know what phone you have.

Google your phone model and clear system cache, or wipe system cache, and perform that operation.

If a particular program regularly results in an error like that, you could try clearing just it's application cache by going into Settings | Applications management (I think that's it), selecting the app and then clearing data.

Good luck.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOHPIT65, we want to make sure that your device is up and running without any errors. I do see that the community has offered some significant steps to try. Have you been able to follow these steps to see if that would clear up this error? If so and you're still having issues, when did you notice this starting to happen (after new app download or software update)? Please provide me with some details.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your phone should be free of errors, JOHKOV25. What device do you have? What was being done on your phone when this message appeared? Stef7 has a great suggestion. Have you been able to perform those steps?

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes