phone spoofing?
stephanie1942

I have received 8 calls today from people complaining that I called them.  The last woman was furious, seemed to know my first name but had the wrong last name and said she called the phone company to complain about my harassing calls.  I'm at work, I haven't called any of these people nor would I have any reason to call them.  HELP PLEASE

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: phone spoofing?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is little you can do. Obviously you are not calling people. More often than not, the telemarketers who are spoofing telephone numbers are located overseas in countries outside the reach of the the law.

I've received calls on my landline that showed my own phone number on the display. I called Verizon Core and was told to...in essence...let it slide.

0 Likes
Re: phone spoofing?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are receiving unwanted phone calls stephanie1942. You can block phone numbers that call you online via our My-Verizon website. Here is a link with some steps to help http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-numbers/ . I would also try locking your phone.

KinquanaHH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes