desire 526 system update from android 5.01 to android 6.0.1
lyj405

How can i update my desire 526 system update from android 5.01 to android 6.0.1, i did check system update from phone setting "system update" , but result is somthing said "l14. xxxxx" just can't update to android 6.01, though the version website said my htc desire 526 can update to android marshmallow 6.01

regards

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: desire 526 system update from android 5.01 to android 6.0.1
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could the phone not have enough free space in the memory to allow the update to install?

This is the version of the OS that either should be ready to install or is already on the phone. HTC Desire 526 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lyj405

I did the factory reset , and the internal storage have more than 3gb, just said no update available.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You mean to tell me that this device is getting 6.0.1 and the LG V10 isn't?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

HTC has a pretty good track record of getting updates done and to phones in a much more timely manner than some of the other manufacturers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lyj405

my problem is for HTC desire 526 (NOT LGV10),

0 Likes
lyj405

I will follow up the image what they said after check the system update,Screenshot_2017-02-01-17-55-31[1].png

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am beginning to think that prepaid version hasn't been updated yet. HTC claims it is in the stage 2 integration phase for Marshmallow OS. HTC Software Updates | HTC United States

HTC Desire 526 (Verizon) Prepaid - Updating your phone's software - GETTING STARTED - How-tos - Supp...

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I realize what your phone is.

My phone is waaay newer and costs probable 2 times as much but hasn't been update in a year.

0 Likes
lyj405

Thanks for your very helpful information, i did contact HTC and verizon, only verizon our carrier can resolve the issue , one of Customer service guy said , lots customer still waiting the push update service from Verizon, he said should be late this week, So I am waiting and see if the update come to my phone.

0 Likes