delete account function not available for corporate email on droid turbo lollipop
pdbrooks
Enthusiast - Level 1

Corporate exchange mail will not sync since lollipop upgrade.  Delete account function no longer available in settings/accounts menu - holding down icon does not pull up menu.  Cannot stop email app either - stop function greyed out.  Turning off email sync in app settings, then power cycling phone does not help either.

I need my corporate email, this is why I have a phone.  I understand that I cannot revert to kit kat either.  I may have to go to ATT, but I refuse to get Apple products.  What happened?  Android updates were always so smooth?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: delete account function not available for corporate email on droid turbo lollipop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello pdbrooks,

Let's get your email working again. Since the option to delete is not available, you may need to consider a hard reset of your device to get things working again. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-118101/

This could also be a limitation placed by your email server, but since it coincided with the update, I would recommend backing up and resetting first.

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: delete account function not available for corporate email on droid turbo lollipop
pdbrooks
Enthusiast - Level 1

I figured it out. Please pass this on to others who may share this issue.

Go into security settings and disable corporate email security. You will

see a prompt "disabling security will cause account and all files to be

deleted." Be sure to write down all the settings before doing this. The

security was what was disabling the "normal" delete function. Once done,

the account was successfully deleted. That allowed me to re-install the

account. When I did that, everything came right back up normally.

So as a post-mortem, the Lollipop installation did indeed stop the

corporate email from syncing (both downloads and uploads), even though the

account worked in every other way. The above process restored full

functionality.

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 10:00 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

VickiPPS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for sharing! That was exactly my issue.

0 Likes