Why am I having a hard time getting service?
Sharnicedan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung Galaxy J1 now. I turned it on to activate it but it wasn't working so I clicked skipped activation and I went to my Verizon. I added the device and sim card number successfully and I changed my plan to $30. I turned on my phone and it signals me that I need service. I click on it and it tells me to log in my Verizon. I log in and its saying Add a data package. But nothing shows up, the add button isn't highlighted and I can only press cancel. I shouldn't have to add one since my plan doesn't require data. I can't make calls or text without the service on but I paid for it on myverizon already and it says its active and it has my device added so I don't know what's wrong.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Having issues with getting service
Sharnicedan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to call the number and get my service turned on! It turns out I just needed to reset the phone. Thank you so much, and especially for the people who took the time to help me on the phone. I really appreciate it and am very satisfied! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sharnicedan, let's get your phone working. I notice that you have a prepaid phone. Are you trying to activate a prepaid account? If you are, please reach out to 888-294-6804. If this is for Verizon post-paid, are you adding this phone to an existing account or line?
JoelRR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sharnicedan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to call the number and get my service turned on! It turns out I just needed to reset the phone. Thank you so much, and especially for the people who took the time to help me on the phone. I really appreciate it and am very satisfied! Smiley Happy

0 Likes