Why Can't I Access My Photos When Connected To My Computer?
Shutterbug1018
Enthusiast - Level 3

For some time now, I have not been able to access my photos when I connect my phone to my computer. Older photos are there, but none that I have taken in the past 2-3 months. They show in the gallery on my phone, but they are not in the DCIM folder when I connect to my computer. I thought that perhaps the default location when my photos are saved have gotten changed somehow, but when I open my camera, it is not showing the icon that is supposed to show where photos are stored, and I can't find any way to see where they are stored or change it.

I have no idea what other folder to look in. I have looked in a lot of other folders on my phone, but I haven't been able to find the photos.

I would greatly appreciate any help with this.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't access my photos when connected to my computer
Shutterbug1018
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just tried accessing the photos on my computer again, and it seems to be pulling the photos files now, just extremely slowly. I had chosen one of the photos on my phone that I could not view previously, and selected rename, and when I did this it showed a file name, and I just chose save. It was after I did this that I noticed that the files seemed to be slowly loading to the Camera folder I was viewing on my computer, so I don't know if that had anything to do with i or not, but it seems to be working now.

View solution in original post

deloused
Master - Level 3

DCIM should be the correct folder to view photos stored on the phone, do you have a memory card in the device which could have photos stored on it?

0 Likes
Shutterbug1018
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, I don't have a memory card in it, unless it came with one and I didn't know it, which I don't think is the case.

0 Likes
Shutterbug1018
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just checked my phone, and it doesn't have a memory card.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deloused, we appreciate the input that you've provided.

Shutterbug1018, I know I would like to be able to retrieve my photos. We’ll do our best to find where your photos are located. Any changes to the phone such as software or application prior to this? Please check File Manager app>Image. You can go into these folders to determine where the photos are located. Let us know what you find.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Shutterbug1018
Enthusiast - Level 3

This started happening before the most recent software update, and well after the one before that. There is not a file path File Manager app>Image on my phone. I have looked in setting>application manager>camera, but it does not say where the files are being stored. I have done a lot of searching on my phone and I have been unable to find any information on where they are being stored.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shutterbug1018, thanks for the additional details. Do you have any of these pictures backed up to the Verizon Cloud? If you back up the images to the cloud we should be able to download them to your computer. Please follow this link for more information: http://vz.to/1xUTB75

EstebanP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Shutterbug1018
Enthusiast - Level 3

I could re-enable cloud to try to access my photos, but I disabled it because I didn't want my photos to automatically be backed up to cloud.
The odd thing is, I just selected one of the photos on my phone that I can view on my phone but not on my computer, and I selected details, it shows this file path:
/storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera

On the photos I can view on my computer, when I select details Camera is followed by / and  then file name.jpg, (such as 1007161343a.jpg for example) but the ones I can't view just say Camera and no file name. It's like no specific file name is being generated for the photos, so therefore I can't view them.

0 Likes
Shutterbug1018
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just tried accessing the photos on my computer again, and it seems to be pulling the photos files now, just extremely slowly. I had chosen one of the photos on my phone that I could not view previously, and selected rename, and when I did this it showed a file name, and I just chose save. It was after I did this that I noticed that the files seemed to be slowly loading to the Camera folder I was viewing on my computer, so I don't know if that had anything to do with i or not, but it seems to be working now.