Understanding the weather app
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

I have the ASUS_A009 and the weather app that comes with it.   It shows, among other things, the predicted weather and temperatures for the next seven days.  Just above the icons for the weather, there's percentages, but there's no explanation of what they mean.  I'd ask the developers, but I don't know the apps name as it doesn't show up in either the Play Store or Application Manager.  If anybody knows what the percentages represent, or the program's name, I'd appreciate any useful information.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Understanding the weather app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of understanding the weather app on your device, and we are here to help. The percentages you see above the predicted temperature for the next 7 days are informing you about the possibility of rain or precipitation on that specific day. For example, if you see a 30% above a specific day's temperature, it means that there's a 30% chance there will be precipitation (rain, snow, etc..) on that day.

GeovannJ_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you please post an image of the issue you have? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

How?  I only have the one phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you know how to take a screenshot of your phone screen from the phone? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of understanding the weather app on your device, and we are here to help. The percentages you see above the predicted temperature for the next 7 days are informing you about the possibility of rain or precipitation on that specific day. For example, if you see a 30% above a specific day's temperature, it means that there's a 30% chance there will be precipitation (rain, snow, etc..) on that day.

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

No, I don't.  That's why I asked how to take a screen shot of my phone.

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

Thanx!  That's what I thought until I saw days where the weather symbol was for snow, but with 0% above it and wondered, as that doesn't really make sense.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You can post a screenshot of the application itself to share it on the thread. Did you get the information provided by our agent? The numbers you are seeing may be the chance of precipitation on that day. Let us know if you have any questions. 
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

How can I post a screenshot if I only have the one phone?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

https://support.google.com/android/answer/9075928?hl=en

Screenshot_20200214-113623.png

0 Likes