Time is wrong today, my LG G3 did not automatically update to daylight saving time
Seattlerockgal
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had this issue back in October, and Verizon finally pushed out an update that made the time correct when you have the automatic time option selected. But today (the start of Daylight Saving Time) once again, it is not working. I had to switch to manual time setting, every time I select the automatic option the time switches back to Standard Time.

Labels (2)
Re: Time is wrong today, my LG G3 did not automatically update to daylight saving time
Snn5
Legend

Are you in a near time-zone fringe area?  Is the phone set to network time?

0 Likes
Re: Time is wrong today, my LG G3 did not automatically update to daylight saving time
Seattlerockgal
Enthusiast - Level 3

No. Seattle is firmly in the Pacific time zone. I had to uncheck the automatic date & time and the automatic time zone. Each time I check those, it reverts back to Standard Time. I just noticed that it keeps an auto-switching my time zone to Alaska. Grrr... this is frustrating. I guess I can't use the automatic time zone function anymore.

Snn5
Legend

Perhaps the next update coming soon for the G3 to lollipop will address those time-keeping concerns.

0 Likes
SarahBeddow
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here - phone changed time on schedule in Bellevue (also firmly in the Pacific Time Zone) but once I get to Seattle - I lost an hour.    Date and Time Widgets on the Home Screen disappeared along the way.   Last time this took almost a month to resolve. I hope that is not the case this time. 

Verizon - please help us!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SarahBeddow,

We want time to be correct everywhere! Lets see if we can reset the network settings. Please power the device then remove the sim card for 1 min, place the sim card back in the device then power the device on. Does the time update when in Seattle?

Thanks,
PamelaF_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

SarahBeddow
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've powered off, removed the battery and sim card multiple times.   The Home Page is still missing the clock and weather at the top of the screen.  The time is correct now, but I'm at home - 10 miles from Seattle - same as last time it was a tower just South of downtown Seattle that screws up the time. 

Seattlerockgal
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone keeps on switching to the time zone for Alaska when it's set to auto.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad to hear the time on your phone is now correct SarahBeddow. Let's get the weather app back on your device. If you tap on the menu and select add apps & widgets do you get the option to add the weather widget with clock back on the screen? Keep us updated.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
reddougway
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife and I both have this issue. When we are at home on our own wifi network, the time is correct. When we venture away, our time reverts back an hour. We're also in downtown Seattle.  Based on this thread, I pulled the SIM card for both phones and it worked.... for about 20 mins.  It just reverted back an hour after I thought this was resolved. It's currently 9:06, but our phones say it's 8:06.