Tapping screen to take pix
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its advertised that with the G3 camera, you can tap anywhere on the screen to take a pix. I have tried and tried and it does not work. Is there a setting I'm suppose to set in order to get this feature to work? When I tap it, it sounds like it wants to take a photo but it does not. Plz advise. Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Tapping screen to take pix
AZSALUKI
Legend

yes. open the camera. tap the icon in the top middle of the screen (two arrows around a camera) to activate the front facing camera. then just tap the camera shutter icon (looks like a camera and will be bottom middle of screen if in portrait.......left or right middle of the screen if holding in landscape).

View solution in original post

tonysharp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Make sure to NOT have the settings opened when trying to tap to take a picture. If you have the camera settings open the tap will not work.

Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh, thank you, its now working. Didn't realize I had to move those settings.

0 Likes
tonysharp
Enthusiast - Level 2

No problem, glad I could help out Smiley Happy  Tony Tony

0 Likes
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

another question. how do I change the settings on the video in order to send it via MMS?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yofish4fun Capturing memories are important! Once you record the video, it will save to your gallery. To send as an MMS, open the gallery and select the video then tap the send mms option on the right side of the screen. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

SheritaH_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

VZW rep, guess you did not understand the question I asked about sending a video as a txt msg or MMS. I know to go to the gallery, however I'm not sure what you;re talking about as far as send on the right side of the screen. On my G3, you click the 'select' button on the top of the screen (which looks like a broken L or the less than symbol) select the video, click the word 'share', choose 'Messaging' from the 'share via' popup, then I recv a msg 'attachment size limit exceeded'.  That lets me know the video need to be reduced in size because its to large to send as a txt or MMS. Please advise how do you reduce the size of a video prior to recording in order to send via txt or MMS.  As far as the messaging app, I use the stock app from the phone, not the VZW app. I don't like the VZW app so please again, advise how to fix.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yofish4fun,

I do apologize about that. I have the steps on how you can change the reduce the size of a video before you record it. The way you can do that is to Open your Camera, On the screen you should see a little gear, Tap on the Gear, Then there should be an option of "W10M", then you will have two columns (one for camera one for Video), then you can tap on the different Resolution options. Please keep us posted if you have any further questions or concerns.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for explaining how to turn the resolution down however I tried all the settings and none of them will allow me to send a video via MMS. So does the stock messaging app not support this? Not cool if it doesn't because I'm always sending videos via MMS. Plz advise.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you have two options. first, you can open the sms/mms app and select who you want to send to and then select attachment and choose "record video." this will then let you record in a low enough resolution to send, but can only be done from the messaging app. however, it's not a great option if you want to send a video you had already recorded. the only way i am aware of to do that, is to use a video compression app to drastically shrink the file size of a video (and drastically reduce the quality). it will take a video and let you shrink it to a small enough size to send via mms. there's a few out there. i use "video converter android." it's a bit tricky to learn, but does a great job in letting you trim the video and reduce the quality to a small enough size to send via mms. these high quality videos now are ridiculously large, even if you take it on the camera's lowest resolution.