Ppl receiving txt from my phone I didn't send
BryteEyez
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been receiving call from people saying they received text, or phone call from my number. I do not know these people and I did not send the text (and fid not butt dial anyone either). There is no record of the text in my text log and no record of the alleged calls. My phone never leaves my sight. One caller complaining I text her calling her horrible names happened when I was home alone and my phone was sitting beside me. A friend suggested maybe someone was using Spoof My Text app. How can I stop this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ppl receiving txt from my phone I didn't send
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BryteEyez, I know how upsetting and frustrating it can be when your number is spoofed. It has happened to me. The only recommendation I can make is to change your phone number. That was my very last resort in my situation, as my phone number had been mine for years. Unfortunately, it was the only thing that stopped my phone number from being used for malicious purposes.

DeannaL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Re: Ppl receiving txt from my phone I didn't send
BryteEyez
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not happy about the idea of changing my number. It has been mine since 92.

I guess I will start works today. Only I realize the my new number will be a recycled number that once belonged to someone else as welll.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes