Phone number won't go away on Moto E
mmalaby

Hello - my son had a Verizon prepaid Moto E that we are trying to give away now that he has upgraded. However, even after a full reset it shows his phone number in the "About This Phone" section. Will this be a problem? He still has the same number so we are not comfortable with his number on there.  Thanks!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone number won't go away on Moto E
bearone21
Legend

....can you remove the sim card?

0 Likes
mmalaby

The SIM card is moved but it is still showing his phone number.

0 Likes
mmalaby

removed, not moved

0 Likes
edwardl_vzw
Verizon Employee

mmalaby

Congrats on your son's new phone. We understand the importance of maintaining your privacy. I too would be uncomfortable if my number were still in a phone that was erased. We will be more than happy to help you. Now, the first thing that stands out to me is the fact that after you are done resetting your phone, you are able to go directly back into the phone's settings. If the phone was reset correctly, the first thing it would typically do after the reset is an attempt to activate itself when you power it on. That is an indicator that the reset was completed successfully. Here is a link on the reset steps https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-212317/. Once that has been completed, if it attempts activation upon power up, it was successful, and you want to stop there as there is no need to confirm. If you proceed with the activation/setup wizard, then your information can be restored. So erase the phone with steps provided and stop once completed and you will be fine.

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes