Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Notification sounds during phone conversation and I can't hear the caller
PENMOD4

With the new moto z force, my ringtone for notifications disrupts my phone calls.  I never had this problem with the droid.  If I'm on a call, I can't hear the person at all as every notification cuts out the caller in my ear.  I've only had the moto for a month, and not liking this feature.  Why or how do I get the notification sound to not cut into my phone use during calls?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Notification sounds during phone conversation and I can't hear the caller
SuzyQ
Super User
Super User

You may need to go into each app (email, text, etc) and check the settings for that app's notifications; Verizon messages, specifically, has an option to turn notifications on or off during a call.  There may be a setting in the phone app settings, or notifications settings too, to set it up globally.

0 Likes
THOACH31

There is no way to stop notifications during calls in the phone's global settings area. Your suggestion is a good thought, but not all apps have a feature to stop their notifications during calls. I had a Moto prior to this one and never had a problem. At this point, the only action one can take is to turn down the notification volume during a call, which is beyond inconvenient. Moto needs to fix this on this particular phone.

0 Likes
THOACH31

I have the same problem, and I replied to SuzyQ below. Moto needs to fix this issue, among others, on this phone.

0 Likes