No text message notifications
CARROW17

I recently updated my phone and since then, I have not been receiving text message notifications.  The sound is on and the notifications are set to on.  What gives?  Every update, I have a different issue.  About to switch phones and take the iPhone plunge.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No text message notifications
J2_66
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the text message notification not working on Galaxy S-I found a solution yesterday! Follow these steps in order: go to Apps, Settings, Applications, Application Manager, Messages, click Force Stop, say yes, then click Storage, clear data, go back one step and see Notifications. This should not say blocked. Mine said blocked even though everywhere else they were "on". This fixed the problem. Let me know if it works!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Carrie, I depend on my notifications and will help you get your back. We will need to do some troubleshooting in order to determine what happened to your notifications. Please send us a private message by visiting our Facebook page or sending us a DM to ______@VZWSupport on Twitter. This way we can further assist you.

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you have to select the notifications you want with the update.

0 Likes
J2_66
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the text message notification not working on Galaxy S-I found a solution yesterday! Follow these steps in order: go to Apps, Settings, Applications, Application Manager, Messages, click Force Stop, say yes, then click Storage, clear data, go back one step and see Notifications. This should not say blocked. Mine said blocked even though everywhere else they were "on". This fixed the problem. Let me know if it works!

0 Likes
THOVIT50

My phone has no service put in a call they gaveme a ticket number would like update on it

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

don't hi-jack the thread, call verizon from a pay phone. 1-800-922-0204

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

THOVIT50,

We'd be happy to look into that for you. I have since sent you a private message in order to gather further details. Please respnd when able so that we may proceed.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CARROW17

Thank you!!! Worked like a charm. Too weird it happened after the

update. Thanks for sharing your tips!!!

0 Likes
Joans213

You are a genius! Thanks! It's been bugging me that I have never gotten notifications on my phone for texts and this did the trick. Smiley Happy

0 Likes