My LG G4 turned off on its own and now it will only stay on the lg begining screen.
taylornoel97

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My LG G4 turned off on its own and now it will only stay on the lg begining screen.
Keyastis

Hi Taylor, I had this issue a couple weeks back and had to send it in to LG for repair, its what is called a memory freeze. If you contact them they will email you a FedEx label to send it in and take care of you (so long as there is no water damage). I tried everything to fix it, but in the end had no choice but to put it in the Amazon box I decided to use as the casket. It only took them a day to is it, but the FedEx shipping is a long wait...I will have mine home Tuesday or Wednesday. Be aware they will wipe all the data on the phone.

0 Likes
Re: My LG G4 turned off on its own and now it will only stay on the lg begining screen.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get you back to business, taylornoel97. Did this start after installing new app or update? Try starting Safe Mode via this link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-160988/
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Vin44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue the device will not boot into safe mode, I tried all the options on the system recovery menu and none worked.

0 Likes
duhdonutman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here

0 Likes
thenume1984
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im experiencing the same issue with no way to call in to fix it.  Very frustrated

Vin44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sense a pattern here.  I find it odd multiple people have the same issue out of nowhere.  I sent mine to LG about a week ago they just received it.  I hope they return it soon.

0 Likes
bearbrick
Enthusiast - Level 1

Went to VZW store with this problem. The worker assisting me asked her coworkers if they had heard of this issue. They had not. She sent me on my way saying there was nothing that could be done.

0 Likes
bearbrick
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not the correct answer. Although this issue did begin after the most recent update, it is impossible to reach Safe Mode.

JennStafford

Anything on this yet?  Mine just started doing this today and keeps getting as far as the Android is starting... Optimizing apps... then shuts off and goes back to the LG screen.  I'm lost without my phone as are most nowadays...  Also the phone is getting very hot, not charging correctly or holding charge and the screen has been getting increasingly worse in responding.

0 Likes