MMS messages not downloading on LG G3
mrlacrosse

I have an LG G3 and I can't get the MMS messages to download.

I've searched a few threads here but am still unable to get the messages to download.  Please help!

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: MMS messages not downloading on LG G3
Snn5
Legend

Did you go to the messenger then settings then multimedia then make sure the auto-retrieve was checked?  You should also be able to long press the message or tap it, then tap download.

0 Likes
mrlacrosse

Yes, auto-retrieve is selected.  The download just recycles, but nothing happens.  Then I get a message saying Message Not Available.

I've tried other options, including Handcent, but I keep getting an APN error on that. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

As data is always on for messaging, this is not the culprit.  Try to remove SIM while phone is on, then power down, re insert SIM.  Power on.  If that doesn't cure it, might need to involve Verizon by calling from another phone making sure you have data enabled so that they can remotely tap into the phone.  They might be able to see something we haven't.

0 Likes
mrlacrosse

Screenshot_2015-04-20-09-55-42.png

0 Likes
mrlacrosse

That did not work.  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I would call Verizon and have them look into it on their end.  Youve done about all you can on your end.

dominicpane

i have had the same problem but it eventually downloaded a day after

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Have you made sure that Mobile Data is enabled?

0 Likes
METALHEAD666

My LG G3 Verizon smartphone syncs hours late and I am not receiving text messages and chats like many others since upgrading to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop.

The problem persists through Hangouts mainly and is getting very annoying.

I can manually download messages by opening hangouts, selecting a conversation that I think has a new massage, scroll down then the messages finally downloads.

This is highly annoying since it should be automatically downloading and I have everything setup correctly in my phones and hangouts settings to automatically sync.

Any thoughts or work around until Verizon fixes this?

0 Likes