LG V30 8.0 update no notification badges
BRIHAG33

Phone, LG V30, updated to 8.0 last night. This morning no icon badge notifications. Have looked in setting to make sure they are turned on for all app.

Turned badges off, restarted phone and turned on then reset to badges with numbers, no help. Long pressed apps and hit the "i" to make sure badges are turned on. Still does not work. Not any one app, all app have no badges.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG V30 8.0 update no notification badges
bearone21
Legend

it doesn't get to everybody at the same time, take a breath!!!

0 Likes
BRIHAG33

What does not get to everybody?

The update was automatic and was last night. The phone worked perfect yesterday and now today I have no badge notifications at all. I have googled everything I could think of and no help. I posted here and looks like the same thing.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

sorry, i misread your post!!

you've selected auto install, i wait to be notified & check to see if there are any issues with the update before installing!!!

0 Likes
BRIHAG33

I hear you! I need to start doing that!

I was able to get the notifications for text messaging on message+ and telegraph to work. Lost email badges on email app. Started using gmail app and have notifications on there. This was after resetting all app default in settings menu. Still have no badges on FB or any other apps other than gmail, message+ and who knows what else. I just keep checking my phone every 15 min!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BRIHAG33, I understand it's important for badge notifications to appear. We're here to help. Are badge notifications missing for all apps? Besides the software update, have there been any other changes?

TracyB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BRIHAG33

Hi

No other updates caused the no badges, that I know of. 24 hours after the 8.0 update 79 apps were updated. Still not working. Never was able to get email badges to work. I reset app defaults and gmail app started giving badges. I switched to gmail for my email app. Google assistant, Telegram and message+ badges work. Not sure about a lot of the apps because  have not had the chance to see if they work. I do know that facebook badges do not work for sure. I have made sure that the notification settings in settings and FB are on for badges but I must be missing something. I have restarted the phone multiple times and changed the badge/notification settings while doing so to see if that worked. So far no luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BRIHAG33, thank you for your prompt response. I am glad Google assistant, Telegram, and message+ badges are working. You noted you were unsure about a lot of the apps because you have not had the chance to test them, except for Facebook. You identified Facebook as one app that is still encountering issues with the badges. Please test other apps to confirm if the issue is solely with Facebook or with other apps as well. This way we can more effectively troubleshoot the issue. 

JaimeG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ke4gpl

I too have a new lg v30 that updated to android 8.0 a couple of days ago. Lost all my badge counts on my apps. Without badge counts functioning, it is difficult to manage my email accounts and other apps. I trust Verizon is on this and will get this corrected quickly.

0 Likes
BRIHAG33

Looks like other apps have badges. They work very weird since update. Right now no Facebook badges at all. Gmail has them but only with a taskbar notification also. If I clear the taskbar notification then the badges go away also. Looks like this 8.0 update did some weird things.

0 Likes