Kit Kat Update for Galaxy SIII - No Camera on lock screen
MABeatty

I see from the official Verzion update doc for the Kit Kat Update for the Galaxy S3 that the lock screen is supposed to have a camera icon on it for easier camera access.  However, I'm not seeing it on my phone after updating to 4.4.2.

Documentation here

http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/galaxy_s3-6-19-14.pdf

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Kit Kat Update for Galaxy SIII - No Camera on lock screen
Klue
Master - Level 1

Did you check your lock screen options under device settings to see if this option has to be turned on. It might be there.

MABeatty

Yep, I checked that setting.  Nothing I can see that would enable/disable camera quick launch

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Change your screen unlock to swipe and see if it comes up. Might have to reboot.  The icon works by touching it and then swiping across the screen.

0 Likes
OscarNelsen1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.  Worked on my Galaxy S5.  Hosed the Lock Screen options when I butt dialed several different pages.  Wondered why it took 5 seconds to lock after pressing power button (that option got turned off too), which led to multiple hosers to multiple pages.   Mischief managed.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes