How to tap VM notification and dial basic voice mail (not visual VM)
cloudrobin

When I get a notification on my Samsung J3, I tap to go to voice mail, but instead it takes me to visual voice mail download, which I DO NOT want.  This is very annoying, because I have to DIAL basic VM to get my messages.  How can I get rid of the virtual VM download option in the VM notification?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to tap VM notification and dial basic voice mail (not visual VM)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The application is for visual voicemail only. If you have a postpaid account, you can sign into your MyVerizon account online and add the Block Visual Voicemail feature under the Block Services section of the account options.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cloudrobin

Thanks.  I did that, but it said it conflicts with the trial of Visual VM, and it apparently only blocked Premium Visual VM, since at the end it said "you can still use basic visual VM or Basic VM. How can I delete the Visual VM trial from my phone?  How can I tell the phone I want to use Basic VM?

When you say the app is for visual VM only, do you mean there's no way to tap the VM notification and have it dial Basic VM (i.e., *86)?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It should. You can also long press the one key in the dialer application or create a new contact for voicemail with the number as *86.

There are two blocks for visual voicemail. Did you select the one that blocks all visual voicemail?

Screenshot_20160721-225503.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes