How do I transfer photos from my old phone to my new phone?
ratsnrop

The old phones screen is totally black (the phone works you just can't see the screen.) There is no lock code on the old one. I neeeeeed some of the pictures/videos off of it ! Please helpppp !!!

I can't go into settings and tell my old phone to recognize the USB or w.e on my phone.. I have no idea what else to do. The Verizon store was absolutely no help.

[subject line has been edited]

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I transfer photos from my old phone to my new phone?
bearone21
Legend

if the pics are on an sd card, remove the card.& use a usb card reader to see 'em on your pc.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if the pics are on an sd card, remove the card.& use a usb card reader to see 'em on your pc.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important pictures can be, ratsnrop. I would be saddened to hear that you lost them. We are here to assist. What kind of phone is it that you are having trouble with? Does it have an SD card, perhaps, that stored the pictures? What happened to the screen exactly?

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DCOODY9

My old phone was a Mini Android and did not have an sd card. My new phone is a Samsung 9. I can see the pictures when I charge the old phone but it won't let me text them to another phone or email them so I can save them.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Back up the photos on your old phone to your Google Photos account (can be done via wi-fi since the old phone isn't active on VzW), then download them from that account/app on your new phone.

Or connect the old phone to your computer via the USB cable, 'drag and drop' the files to your computer, then copy the files from your computer to the new phone (again by connecting the phone and computer via the USB cable; on the new phone you'll need to change the USB mode to file transfer; the old phone likely doesn't require that due to the age of its operating system).

0 Likes
DCOODY9

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your new Samsung Galaxy 9. It is important to transfer the photos from your old device to the new phone. Good news is that our Online Content Transfer Center will provide more information on the available options to transfer the content. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/content-transfer-help/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fvz.to%2F2gURion Please let us know if this works for you, we are standing by to help.

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes