How can I transfer contacts/phone numbers from one phone to another?
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

I read the information about the Verizon Cloud. I installed that App and uploaded/backed-up my Contacts. I can see them listed in the App. But, according to the instructions on the Verizon Cloud web pages, you use the Tools menu selection to Sync your Contacts from the Verizon Cloud to your phone. When I go to the menu in Verizon Cloud App, I do not have a Tools menu selection. So, how do I get my Contacts from the Verizon Cloud to my phone?

I also downloaded the Verizon Content Transfer App and watched the video demonstrating how to use that App. It seems pretty easy. But, with my experience with the Verizon Cloud instructions, I don't trust what is on the video.

So, how do I get my Contacts from my old Android phone to my new one?

There is an option under the Contacts to export to a vcf file. But, once I've done that, how do I access that file/directory once it is exported?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I transfer contacts/phone numbers from one phone to another?
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

https://www.wikihow.com/Sync-Android-Contacts-With-Gmail

Open Settings on your phone (the gear)

Go to Accounts

Open Google

Open / tap on your listed email account

Check to see that what you want to sync is
turned on in the settings list.

Go back one screen

Open the small menu in the upper right corner of
the screen. (three dots)

There should be one selection for “sync now”.
Select it.

Open Gmail on a computer. You should see your
contacts listed under the menu/list (which I think is in the upper left
corner).

This will now automatically sync your contacts between your phone with the Gmail account, and your Gmail account online accessed through a computer.

If you want to see it work, go to a WiFi spot like a library where you can use a computer.

Log in to your Gmail account on the computer. Open your contacts list on your phone.

Enter a new contact on your phone or on the computer (in the upper left corner of the Gmail website). You will see the new contact appear in your contacts list on the other device where you didn't enter it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

https://www.wikihow.com/Sync-Android-Contacts-With-Gmail

Open Settings on your phone (the gear)

Go to Accounts

Open Google

Open / tap on your listed email account

Check to see that what you want to sync is
turned on in the settings list.

Go back one screen

Open the small menu in the upper right corner of
the screen. (three dots)

There should be one selection for “sync now”.
Select it.

Open Gmail on a computer. You should see your
contacts listed under the menu/list (which I think is in the upper left
corner).

This will now automatically sync your contacts between your phone with the Gmail account, and your Gmail account online accessed through a computer.

If you want to see it work, go to a WiFi spot like a library where you can use a computer.

Log in to your Gmail account on the computer. Open your contacts list on your phone.

Enter a new contact on your phone or on the computer (in the upper left corner of the Gmail website). You will see the new contact appear in your contacts list on the other device where you didn't enter it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marz-K, we want to make it easy for you to transfer your contacts. It's possible that your contacts have already been saved by Google because you have an Android phone. Once you receive your new phone it will ask you to sign in to your Google account, which will automatically download your contact list to you new phone. If Google have already saved your contacts, then it will override the ability for the Verizon Cloud to save them. Follow this link for more information: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1069522?hl=en

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes