How can I remove a system update from my Droid Maxx 2?
PyroPenguin3

Since the system update to Marshmallow, my Droid Maxx 2 has been giving me trouble: the Home and Recent Apps buttons no longer function and the easy-access settings panel that used to slide down from the top no longer appears when I drag my finger down from the top of the screen. In order to check a new text message without the other buttons working, I have to use the back button to get out of whatever I'm doing and then open Messaging. It has made navigating my phone ludicrously tedious. I used to swap between apps like tabs in a browser, but I can no longer do that.

Also, Marshmallow doesn't show me what permissions a new app wants to use: it waits until the app tries to use those permissions before asking for them. I always check what permissions an app will ask for before I bother to download it; now I have to download the app and wait for all the permissions to come up, one by one.

Lastly, I stopped getting all notifications. I checked each app and their permissions are still there. I'm clueless.

In researching these problems I discovered that most of them are touted as "features" (like "What's on tap," etc) so I assume there's no way to fix them -- unless I can remove the system update completely.

Is there a way to remove the system update from my Droid Maxx 2? If I do a factory reset, is there a way to prevent the system update from installing again? There was no warning or "opt out" option last time.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I remove a system update from my Droid Maxx 2?
Snn5
Legend

No, once an update is applied, there is no going back.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

No, once an update is applied, there is no going back.

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

Have you tried wiping cache from the recovery screen?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It can be a troublesome when you are having issues with your device after an update, PyroPenguin3. Let me help with getting your device fixed. Now, the software update is not able to be removed from the device even if you did a factory reset. However the problems you mentioned leading back to the apps and such can be reduced if not resolved with a doing that factory reset. Here’s a link with the details and make sure you back up your data http://tiny.cc/bh9kby . Then when you go to do the restore, use this link http://tiny.cc/mm9kby with disabling the automatic restore so you can add the apps on your device a few at a time to test the device to see how it functions before restoring additional more apps. Keep us posted on the results so we can assist you further should you continue to have issues.

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes