Can I use something other than my finger on my smartphone screen?
vanigo
Contributor - Level 2

I am sure I am not alone but it is real annoying to type when you dont get the mic icon to talk instead of typing,when you have big finger tips. So is there a stylus that will work with just a smart phone Zone 3 ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I use something other than my finger on my smartphone screen?
vanigo
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks all

I figure mine has a capacitive  because my pencil eraser will not work only my finger will.

I'll have to go to Best Buy and try them out.

Like I said Verizon Customer Service said that a stylus would not work with my phone that's why I asked here.

Many Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Yes we have a pen that is called a stylus pen. Most stationary stores or maybe Walmart or Best Buys should have them

vanigo
Contributor - Level 2

I asked customer service when I first got this phone and they told me no. After doing some research on the internet I found that before you choose a stylus, you'll need to find out whether your tablet or smartphone has a resistive or capacitive display.

I figure mine has a capacitive because my pencil eraser will not work only my finger will.

Thanks

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most if not all of touch screen devices released this year are capacitive displays. The cheap devices are more likely to be resistive displays.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vanigo
Contributor - Level 2

Ann if it was a resistive display wouldn't my pencil eraser work?

What Are the Differences Between Capacitive & Resistive Touchscreens?

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

We got this stylus pen at our ins agents office. We have the S7 edge and I just check the pencil eraser on mine it it does not work. On the S5 there was something on that to increase the screen sensitivity but that didn't help with the pencil either but the stylus pen worked on it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A resistive display work with pressure on the screen. The pencil can provide that pressure.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vanigo
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks all

I figure mine has a capacitive  because my pencil eraser will not work only my finger will.

I'll have to go to Best Buy and try them out.

Like I said Verizon Customer Service said that a stylus would not work with my phone that's why I asked here.

Many Thanks

0 Likes