Bluetooth issues with Chrysler Uconnect and the LG G3
chriztofr

I recently switched from the Samsung Galaxy S4 to the LG G3 and am having issues connecting to the Uconnect 8.4AN infotainment center in my Jeep, specifically not auto-connecting correctly if the phone's Bluetooth service was started first.  The G3 will repeatedly connect and disconnect about every 5 seconds, and the only remedy is to turn off Bluetooth on the phone and turn it back on.  This is extremely annoying.  The S4 worked flawlessly, which leads me to believe the problem is the phone.

Is there anyone else with this set-up and do you experience the same behavior?

To preempt any potential questions:

• Both phones have the same base Android version of 4.4.2.
  • I keep my phone's Bluetooth on all the time for a smartwatch connection.
  • I have unpaired and paired multiple times.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth issues with Chrysler Uconnect and the LG G3
jeraldo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I"m having the same problem with the LG G3 connecting to Subaru's bluetooth system; I previously had an HTC Sensation (via T-Mobile) which worked flawlessly in that regard, so I have to believe its an LG G3 problem.

0 Likes
MichaelHo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got an LG G3 and am having the EXACT same behavior, connecting and disconnecting over and over.  Sometimes it will eventually connect (if I let the connecting/disconnecting go on for like 15 minutes).  About 50% of the time I can get in my car and it will work as it should, but the other 50% of the time it plays this game.  Uconnect works 100% perfectly with our Galaxy S5 (with both Kit Kat and Lollipop).

I'm about to send the G3 back to Verizon.

chriztofr

I've updated to Lollipop hoping that would resolve the problem, but it was not so.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

How did you update to Lollipop?

0 Likes
Cabuzelli

Did you ever find a solution to your connectivity issues?  I got my LG g3 about a month before I bought my dodge with Uconnect and have had nothing but problems since about a week after connecting with it originally.  It's worse now since being forced to do the new update about 2 weeks ago.  I used to be able to connect if I used my phone to dial a number only, I could not use the voice commands to connect, it would initially for about 2 rings and then say "your call is complete" and disconnect from the bluetooth, but remain on the phone with whomever I was on the phone with but my blue tooth button would remain on on the phone and unless I turned it off, they couldn't hear me and vice versa.  Now I can answer phone calls and it will connect through the car, but that's the only way to talk on the blue tooth.  Not legal at all in Illinois.

0 Likes