Anybody get any fresh "rumors" about z5 from a Verizon store rep?
KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

Back when the z4v was cancelled there were a few reports of Verizon reps at stores who claimed to know that the z5 would be announced in November.  We've gone through a couple of Wed/Thu "announcement" cycles in November now with no word.  Anybody hearing anything new from behind the scenes? 

(BTW: How do like the old-school "comic sans" font?
)

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Anybody get any fresh "rumors" about z5 from a Verizon store rep?
jsh001
Enthusiast - Level 2

like you can actually trust anything that those reps (sales persons) know or say to you.

the last couple times I went into the store, NONE of the reps (sales persons) even knew what an "Experia" even was. (That was around the time when the Z4v was announced).

They do not have access to any inside information and the best information they have will be from the same sources you and I already have access to on the internet.

Anything that one of those guys say will be about as trustworthy (or less, since they ARE sales) as what anything ANY of us can say to you.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Reps will NEVER know anything factual until about a week to 2 weeks before the devices are released(what I have gathered over the years with various carriers and carrier employees).

So don't carry much stock if Verizon hasn't announced it and you are getting information from reps. The one who would officially know in general is the product managers and whomever are above them. Anyone below them will not know a thing until roughly release time due to training.

0 Likes
KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

I guess I wasn't clear in my terminology -- the "Verizon Reps" I was talking about are the Verizon people who the STORE MANAGERS talk to (i.e., "corporate reps").   During the z4v fiasco, there were reports from a couple of store insiders -- who got them from their reps -- that accurately preceded the official announcements.  I was hoping maybe some one here who had THAT connection might have heard something.

I know that the odds of getting reliable info are low, but it's about all we can hope for, really.....

0 Likes
THOR_MX_23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am an Indirect Rep, and i want this phone just as much as anyone, so i will agree that Verizon is not very good at giving the info we want, but i will say supposedly the phone is supposed to have 3 variants and they all should be out by the 20th according to numerous online tech sites. Which they state that it will come to Verizon and other carriers on the 20th. You can order it from the UK mobile store, but i have no idea what the cost and stuff would be.

0 Likes
KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

None of the sites I've seen (and my searches are pretty rigorous) discuss a VERIZON drop of a z5 model.  The reports I've seen are about the "international" version being on-sale already, but it doesn't have the radio band support for Verizon's network....

If you have an example of a site that's discussing a Verizon release, please pass along the link.

0 Likes
THOR_MX_23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey,

Ya, as soon as i can find the link ill post it, i know that the international versions have been released. But once i get home on monday from my trip, ill look and see if i can find that link, or to atleast see if it's been updated with any changes.

0 Likes
USCGVet
Enthusiast - Level 2

All the tech rags I've been pouring over don't even mention it coming with a CDMA radio capability.  So unless someone wants to go through all the FCC filings to see if there was an application for it to operate on the required bands it doesn't look good.  But then again I really don't know!

0 Likes
KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

After a recent contact with Sony - where I just mentioned the z5 (or lack thereof) from Sony, the responder stated the common response:

About the Z5, at the moment we do not have an specific releasing date for this product in the US. We would suggest you to register in our Sony blog using the link below, to receive upcoming news about this unit. We request for your patience in order to keep improving our products with the quality our valued customers deserve. We are sorry for the inconveniences this may cause you.

https://account.sonymobile.com/en-GB/#/signup?cc=GB&lc=en

0 Likes