Amazon Music error 505
alicia1978

Verizon did a recent update on my phone. Right after this happened most of my Amazon apps disappeared. I tried to download Amazon music app and each time get a 505 code. I have restarted phone, followed all the steps Google play store lists to try and help and nothing. I have tons of stuff on Amazon music and its the best app for me. I really don't understand if this is just a fluke or Verizon's way of forcing me to use some Google apps.

Anyone have an ideas on how to fix this or what's up with this? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Amazon Music error 505
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have? Have you downloaded the Amazon App Store application to the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
alicia1978

I have an LG G3.

The Amazon App store wasn't effected by this and is working fine. But you gave me the idea to try and download the app from that location and still no go. Says there is an error while installing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy all of your apps, alicia1978. What specific applications are giving this error? Where were those applications downloaded initially, before they started giving you an error?

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
alicia1978

All apps worked great before the update.

After the update I think last Monday or Tuesday the Amazon music app vanished. I tried using Google Play store app to download again. I get to the install point and get 505 error.

Tried today using Amazon store app and get to the install point and get error not able to install.

I can download and install all other apps from any other sources. I have hear the Verizon is blocking this app as they want people to pay for music with Google not Amazon.

I pay for Amazon prime and have tons of music there it's really not cool that it's still not able to download.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon can't block an application. There is something else causing the error.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes