ASUS AR Junk?
NAENOEL

Went into an "authorized Verizon Dealer". The one with Verizon on the sign, building and through-out the store. Wanted to upgrade my Samsung. <<removed>> ( self-proclaimed trainer) convinced me to save $100 and buy an ASUS. Promised I had 14 days to change my mind. Wanted a screen protector. Let her talk me into a new type, Invisible First-Defense+. Assured me it was better, guaranteed to last. $10 more than other ones, but I bought it. 3 days later, phone fell off night stand, on carpeted floor. Guess what, Screen cracked. Now I have a <<removed>>phone I hate (DO NOT BUY ASUS), and basically stuck with it for 2 years. They WILL NOT Honor their 14 day return policy. I am a 1 in a million that had screen break. HAHA. Then replace it. Be a business that actually operates in good faith.

Texting is miserable. Have to hit keys several times to text. Phone shuts off randomly. Battery life is terrible.

Question, is this phone tolerable for 2 years or should I leave Verizon? Apparently 10+ years with them isn't worth any attempt at making this right.,

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ASUS AR Junk?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NANEOEL, we're sorry to hear about the accident with your device. We certainly want to keep you in the Verizon family. Due to the screen being cracked it does void the manufactures warranty. However, we'll do all that we can to troubleshoot the device to resolve any glitches you're experiencing. We'll tackle one concern at time. Tell us how long does the battery remain charged? How many times do you charge the device daily?

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You were not in a corporate store. Or what I call REAL Verizon stores. Verizon took this phone off their website MONTHS ago. That should tell you everything about that phone. At the and of the day though YOU made the choice to buy. No one forced you too. No one said you had to take the advice of a salesperson. A salesperson's job its to make sales. They are not your friends or have your best interest at heart. This isn't a Verizon thing this goes for any salesperson. You're not stuck with it for 2 years. Simply pay it off and you can get another phone on payments.

0 Likes
NAENOEL

You are correct.  I made the decision. But I was lied to, told it was a "new" phone. Just on the market. Should have done my homework, or stuck to what I wanted.

Problem with Verizon is condescending responses . Family of 4 on plan for well over 10 years. $600 phone, most of which is pure profit for them. I get it. It's a business. Actually worked for them about 15 years ago. No loyalty anymore. Disposable world. Switching carriers soon. New carrier will pay off this lovely phone and I'll get what I want. Just tying up lose ends.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

That phone is new. It just sucked. Carriers don't make any money off of phones. That $600 when to Asus. Carrier don't make phones, phone manufactures do. when Verizon sells an iPhone for $650 you knwo how much they have to give to Apple? $650. Once again you were not on an actual Verizon store and salespeople will say anything to make a sale and if you think the salespeople at another carrier will be any different, then you'll run in the same issues again. Next time buy what YOU want and not what some salesperson tells you too. Good luck at you new carrier.

0 Likes