voice mail- date and time stamp
HowardKaikow

Is there a step by step :how to enable date/time settings for voicemail?

I called support at *611.

They could not figure out how to enable date/time stamp for voice mail messages.

I then went to a local Verizon store.
Ms. N fooled with the phone a bit, but declared that she could not find a setting.

When I got home, I discovered that Date/Time was now displayed AND stated for each message.

I called Ms. N to ask what she had done to cause this.

She did not know.

So, there is a phone setting, I know not where.
You'd think that this would be set  as default.

Of course, my fat fingers may have undone the setting, but then I would expect the folkes at *611 and in the Verizon store to know how to fix things.

Is there a step by step guide on how to enable date/time stamp for voice nail?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: voice mail- date and time stamp
uniongoth
Enthusiast - Level 3
Hmmm...If you're meaning Visual Voicemail, then it should be automatically displayed next to, or underneath the contact number for each message. If you mean Audio Voicemail There is an option for "call details" that needs to be enabled by calling the voicemail server and changing your preferences.
0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1
  • There is NO details area on the voice mail preferences.  So why isn't date and time announced before each message plays.   Like almost all other vm systems?? 
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@1310

It is called the envelope information in the options. You can turn it on in the voicemail options. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes