military discount
birdiebogey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've seen other messages on this topic and wanted to share my experience. It seems to me like Verizon intentionally makes things difficult to sway people from getting the discounts and savings they deserve. 

The first issue I have is in regards to the military discount. As a veteran, Verizon required me to go to a 3rd party site, Veterans Advantage, enter my military service details and pay a fee to Veterans Advantage to get the Veterans Discount. After paying the fee for Veterans Advantage, which is 5 dollars a month or something like that, I then get my military discount from Verizon. This seems like a shady/unethical way to conduct business. It make me wonder if the owner of Veterans Advantage has stock in Verizon. To require a customer to pay a fee to a 3rd party to receive a discount doesn't seem right. 

My second issue is the Verizon rep I spoke with when switching made me all these promises about what my bill would look like and my bill is 35 dollars more. They gave us these e-gift cards we can apply to our bill, but we have to turn-off our autopay, which reduces our monthly discount by 10 dollars a month. Again, they reducing our discounts to make use of a feature. This also seems like unethical business practice.

Does anyone know if the cell phone/communication industry is regulated in any way or falls under type of oversight? If so, the company needs an Audit to change some of these unethical and predatory practices. 

0 Likes
Re: military discount
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

birdiebogey, 

I know how important it is to get the discounts you signed up for, and to not have to pay more to use these offers! I'd like to help resolve these concerns, so that you do not have to worry about them going forward. For assistance with your account, please reply to our Private Message. 

MichelleH_VZW 

0 Likes
ekintheusa

I came on here to complain about the same thing. I think it's super cruddy that they make the process to get a discount so complicated. I'm not paying a dime to be able to get a discount. I'm going to call customer service until they figure out a different way to get it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your feedback is always greatly appreciated and taken into consideration. Our goal is to make the process as smooth as possible. Please read the steps in the link below:

https://www.verizon.com/support/military-veterans-faqs/

0 Likes