is it mandatory to pay each month for insurance on an iPhone?
shipleydm

I rec'd. a notice in the email that my monthly iPhone/Verizon account was increasing due to insurance.  Is this mandatory?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: is it mandatory to pay each month for insurance on an iPhone?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

No you've never been required to sign up for insurance.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Even though you aren't required to sign up for insurance there are many benefits to it. You should check out all of the benefits BEFORE deciding to cancel it.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You are far better off with Apple care plus which extends the warranty and adds protection for damage.  It doesn’t cover loss or theft.   For what insurance covers and the deductible I don’t find it a good financial option.  I self insure.  I sock away $10 per phone per month.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a good question, and we do want to be sure we answer your insurance concerns sprmankalel. As previously mentioned by other members, you are not required to carry our insurance. We always recommend that you do, however. Here is a helpful link:http://spr.ly/6584DORlM The letter that you received was just a notice of price changes for our insurance, which is through Asurion. http://spr.ly/6585DORl3 Plesae see "Pricing Change". Does this provide clarity? 

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dm26

I was also told insurance was *required* to complete the purchase of a new phone. I pushed back and was told there was no other way. 

I find this to be an abhorrent practice. You know that some people will forget to cancel and you'll be pulling in money every month for something someone did not want. If Verizon is not pushing this practice it is tacitly condoning it by not disciplining those sales reps that outright lie to their customers to make more money. 

0 Likes