What does a blocked number hear when trying to contact me?
tsomera

Does anyone know details on blocked numbers?

If they try to text, do they get an alert or does it appear to them that the text went thru? Or, if a blocked number tries to call me, do they hear a message that says something? Will it tell them they've been blocked? I'm just curious what my ex-boyfriend will receive when he tries to call/text.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: What does a blocked number hear when trying to contact me?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A search of the community would find you similar threads with the answer you seek.  In fact you might want to check out the threads listed on the right under the "More Like This" column.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: What happens when a blocked number tries to contact me?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi tsomera,

Allow me the opportunity to address your message/text block concerns. If you have blocked your ex-boyfriend's number using this method http://goo.gl/ZWRvx then below is the message he will hear:

Welcome to Verizon Wireless. The number you were trying to reach has calling restrictions which has prevented the completion of your call.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

Re: What does a blocked number hear when trying to contact me?
tsomera

Hey thanks for the answer! Do you know if when he tries to text me, it appears to him as though it goes through? Or will it tell him "undelivered" or something like that?

I know it's stupid to want to know these things.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
N529JK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Then that terrible. 

When you want to block a caller - presumably because you just don't want to talk to the caller anymore - why would Verizon concoct a "message" that will only serve to make the caller more angry? 

Don't you get it, Verizon? 

How about a message like: "Sorry. But we can't complete your call as dialed." I've heard that before.

Or how about: "The mailbox is full, and can't receive other messages."

Don't mess with us, Verizon. 

Make it easy, plain, and simple. 

You can do that. You can do whatever you want to do. 

So, at very least, make it easy for your customers to be able to block calls from people we do not want to talk to, without insulting them. 

Why would you not have figured that out by now? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to make anyone angry, N529JK. We always appreciate your feedback and we are always looking for ways to improve our service. I do appreciate your feedback. Do you have any other questions or concerns for us? AmberF_VZW