Verizon not issuing credit for traded device
BritGuyUSA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello community. I'm not sure how to address this issue as Verizon keeps fobbing me off with a "You'll see it on the next bill" response.

To keep a long story short, traded 3 phones which were mailed to them on 11/1. Credits started for two of them but the third phone is "missing". Shows as trade initiated on the tracker. I have called them on various occasions and even opened a support request and they are refusing to escalate this to anyone who can assist and just tell me it will be on the next bill. The last message I received from them on the SR states that the credit was issued on 11/6 and that it would appear on the upcoming bill. Surprise surprise, it did not.

So any thoughts on how to get this escalated and have them fix the issue? At what point do I write-off the $800 and report the device stolen?

Thanks for your help. This is the last time I will ever trade a device with Verizon.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon not issuing credit for traded device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BritGuyUSA, thank you so much for reaching out. WE do want to make sure that you are getting all the promotions on the account. I'd love to take a closer look. So we can start that process, I have sent you a Private Note. Please respond back to that message. Thank you.  -Kevin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BritGuyUSA, thank you so much for reaching out. WE do want to make sure that you are getting all the promotions on the account. I'd love to take a closer look. So we can start that process, I have sent you a Private Note. Please respond back to that message. Thank you.  -Kevin

0 Likes
D0cdave

Same here. All devices were traded in and in near perfect cosmetic and working condition.

Zero dollars per device.

Can you issue the credit as promised or return the devices to me?

Thanks,

-David

0 Likes
BritGuyUSA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just a quick update, Aaron from Verizon's social media team finally resolved the issue and the credits should be on my next bill. (If you see this, THANK YOU Aaron!) I even received an email showing that the credits would be applied, just annoying that it took 3 calls to their call center, a support ticket that was looked at by multiple people in their support team and a post to their community boards.

0 Likes
user_2419
Enthusiast - Level 3

Surprise, you had to reach out over social media to get any kind of resolution.

The support is incompitent, as if by design.

The website never works, the chat support is hamstrung by the website's broken functionality, the phone support takes hours and is hit-or-miss.

Even the simplest of tasks, like adding an international calling plan, or activating disney+ will take hours if not days of tech-support limbo.

TMobile at least provides good customer service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure your trade in concerns are thoroughly reviewed and resolved ASAP, D0cdave. I am here for support and happy to help! Please send us a Private Note for further assistance. *Cheyenne

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your kind words about your customer service experience with our team membger, Aaron. We will share your feedback with our Leadership Team.

We apologize for the amount of time it took to resolve your account's billing concerns. Thank you for being so patient. We'll work even harder to continue earning your customer loyalty.

-Robert C.

0 Likes
crystalct1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope you get your issue resolved.  I recently upgraded my line from a Samsung S8 to a Samsung S21.  I was promised $800 for my phone.  The trade was initiated on December 17, 2021.  My new phone arrived on January 5, 2022 with the trade-in kit.  I sent my phone in on January 10, after factory reset and wiping it down, making it look brand new.  They received it on the 13th.  I am happy to report that today, January 24, my account reflects the full credit amount to be applied as promised.  I write this so that people will not be afraid to take these deals with Verizon.  People always post when they are frustrated and upset, but no one posts when they have a great experience.  I had a positive outcome - there are indeed some happy endings.

0 Likes
Jesse217
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here.  Traded in 4 phones, 2 were credited, two were not.  Phones were received in Fort Worth on Aug 2 per UPS tracking.  I have chatted in more times than I can count.  Give me the run around, say they can't help. Tell me that they have to fix it in store. Store says they can't fix it.  Online chat says to call the trade in number at 800-416-8894.  Sit on hold  on that number forever.  I got through one time.  I gave them all the information and they said they would call me the next day. No one called. Still waiting for about a $1,000 credit.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are happy to review your concerns with you here. To allow us to do so, please leave us a Private Note at your earliest convenience. We are always happy to assist in any way that we can!

*Robert