Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Verizon Tradein - No Value Verizon had wrong color listed - FCC Complaint Filed
KoKoKoMoMo

I'm at my wits end. I trade a Google Pixel 4 into Verizon in September 2021 for $800 towards a new Apple iPhone 13. When Verizon received by trade in - they evaluated it and gave me $0 in credit. The reason stated was that it wasn't the phone it had expected to receive - it was a different color. I have no idea why Verizon's system thought the phone was White when it was really Silver. It's the phone I had been using in Verizon since I bought it from Verizon. Especially confusing is that the IMEI for the phone they thought I was sending was the same as the phone they received.

I have spoken to 5 separate customer service agents over the past two months. 4 in the "trade in" service center. 4 times I have been told that I shouldn't received $0 in credit - that was an error on Verizon's part, and all 4 said I should have received $800. 4 times I have been told that they would "take care of it." 4 times NOTHING has happened.

Anyone else having similar issues? I filed an FCC complaint today. Will the FCC resolve this?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Tradein - No Value Verizon had wrong color listed - FCC Complaint Filed
drhacksaw

Yes, unfortunately you are in good company.  I have spent no less than 4 hours filling out forms, talking with agents, chatting on line, and other means, all to have my trade-in request denied, expired, or some other garbage term.  I followed all instructions, sent the phone, kept all my details (which Verizon had none), and still have not been able to resolve after nearly 2 months.

I guess it is time to approach differently.  T-Mobile move (they are offering $1000 per line moved if you take your phone), posts on social media, registered complaints with FCC, Better Business Bureau, and ensuring I do my part to work towards removing as much business as possible.

Sad, great technology... been with them for over 20 years.  7 lines and never a late payment.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Tradein - No Value Verizon had wrong color listed - FCC Complaint Filed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely want to take a closer look into your account, and assist you with your trade-in. We are definitely not ready to lose you. Besides this reply, I will also send you a Private Note, so we can continue. Thanks so much.  -Jordan

0 Likes