Trade In credit issue with new customer
alpanaj28
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm one of the frustrated customers who is going through the Trade-in issue by verizon. I'm a new customer to Verizon and switched my line from another carrier in October. It was an order that was placed through their sales team over phone. At the time of signing up for Verizon, I was told I can trade-in my Iphone x with iphone 13 pro for a trade-in value of $800.00. My phone was in perfectly good condition as I recently claimed insurance and got a new phone. Verizon had a $800 value promotion at that time for trade-ins and my old devices were in a perfect working  condition and no damages. I was told great things about the ways I can save money with this offer and they also helped me understand an estimated monthly bill. It all sounded great until I found that they didn't put in the request for the trade-in kit. I had to follow up to get the trade-in kit shipped to me. They told me to ignore the $ value shown in the trade-in kit confirmation email and the actual trade in will be $800 that was mentioned in the promotion. While I was on the phone still after 100 attempts, I told them I got the email but it didn't have any information. They said it was a glitch and asked me to ignore. I received the trade in kit and I sent them the old devices. Anyway, after follow up verizon gave me a trade in credit of $128.00. This is UNACCEPTABLE. I followed up with verizon again and it was several calls to their customer service. First, your customer service is HORRIBLE. I work in tech support so do not even get me started with wait times. I contacted them via phone, chat, email but literally no response. You DO NOT have any escalation process?? really? Is this what you call CUSTOMER SERVICE? šŸ˜£ I have spoked to 1 person so far who said it was a mistake that they didn't apply the correct trade in value and said this is beyond my capacity so let me transfer you to another agent. He "TRANSFERRED" my phone to someone who "HUNG UP" wow!  Several hours spent on the call so far and the issue wasn't resolved yet.
Verizon can you send my old device back? I can send you tracking number so you ca't say oh we don't have it. It was in good condition and definitely worth more than $23.00. Worth the starter phones for kids!! Looking at the internet, I'm not alone and there are lot of customers affected by this issue. Your systems are broken and once it's past 30 days we are locked for the contract period and you get mint money with your fake promotions.

STOP this fake promotion Verizon ā€Œand improve your CUSTOMER SERVICE or stop calling it CUSTOMER SERVICE because clearly its not.ā€Œ

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trade In credit issue with new customer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello again, alpanaj28! We're one step closer to accessing your account and assisting you. Please confirm receipt of this message by replying with your first and last name. Thanks again! -Jordan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm definitely sorry to learn about what happened with your trade-in. I'm sure we can take a closer look into this for you, and see all the details. To do that, I will also send you a Private Note. Thanks! 

-Jordan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello again, alpanaj28! We're one step closer to accessing your account and assisting you. Please confirm receipt of this message by replying with your first and last name. Thanks again! -Jordan

0 Likes
alpanaj28
Enthusiast - Level 1

alpana jamadagni

0 Likes
crystalct1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope you get your issue resolved.  I recently upgraded my line from a Samsung S8 to a Samsung S21.  I was promised $800 for my phone.  The trade was initiated on December 17, 2021.  My new phone arrived on January 5, 2022 with the trade-in kit.  I sent my phone in on January 10, after factory reset and wiping it down, making it look brand new.  They received it on the 13th.  I am happy to report that today, January 24, my account reflects the full credit amount to be applied as promised.  I write this so that people will not be afraid to take these deals with Verizon.  People always post when they are frustrated and upset, but no one posts when they have a great experience.  I had a positive outcome - there are indeed some happy endings.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so glad that everything was resolved for you. We truly want to ensure you get your promotions. I do appreciate the feedback. Thanks for being an awesome customer. -Amber

0 Likes
branm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same exact experience on my end.  How can I get this resolved?  Absolutely embarrassing customer support by Verizon. 

@vzw_customer_support 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We strive to provide you with a smoot experience, and we are concerned to learn about the case with your Trade-In Promotions. Let us help, please send us a Private Note, so we can take a closer look.

~Maria

0 Likes
sneesern
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having similar issues with my trade in.  I CANNOT with Verizon anymore.  This has gone beyond ridiculous.  I have been told by every single rep it would be fixed, up until last week.  A chat rep last week told me a note on my account said it was not eligible but then a live rep on the phone told me they applied the promo incorrect and it would be fixed.  I bought the phone in January and have been dealing with this since.  Give me my credit or return my phone so I can go else-where!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. We'd certainly regret losing you as our customer, and we'd like to continue being your wireless service provider for many more years to come.

Noting your reference about having contacted our Chat Team and customer service representative, and receiving conflicting information, is not the experience we ever want for any of our customers. We apologize.

Typically, when credits are applied to our customer's accounts, they receive a notification. There would also be a case number assigned for corrective action in this matter. Were you provided with a case number?  We'd like to help get this resolved for you.

Thank you for your patience.

-Robert C.

0 Likes