Slow Data
bosoxfan23061
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have noticed that the data service in the area around the Navy base in Norfolk Virginia has been excruciatingly slow.  Today, with full 4 bars of LTE signal, the speed test I performed was pathetic to say the least.

Is there anything that can be done to improve the data service?

Labels (1)
Re: Slow Data
KippTech
Enthusiast - Level 2

Down in San Antonio, I can't even get connected to the Internet through the 4G.  Wifi works, but not the LTE network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s important for our customers and service members around Naval Station Norfolk to have a speedy delivery. Thank you for reporting this, bosoxfan23061. How long have you experienced these speeds? Are other Verizon Wireless users around the base seeing slow speeds too? 

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KippTech, we take pride in having the most reliable network and our valued customer's service concerns are always our top priority. San Antonio, TX is a very good service coverage area for Verizon. I apologize for your inconvenience. Can you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing in connecting to our network coverage there? How long has this been happening? What zip code in San Antonio, TX? Is this happening indoor, outdoors, or both? - RobertC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
WAYHOL87

Down in the Andersonville IN area as well. tower 1 mile from house but spotty to limited voice and data.....

0 Likes
bosoxfan23061
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, others have the same issues. I have used two different iPhones and get the same slow data. It has been going on since at least June 2017.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@WaylonHolt Our goal is to keep you connected. We're here to assist. How long have you been having these issues? Do you know if anyone else in the area is experiencing this? Also, can you clarify if you're having spotty to limited voice and data indoors vs outdoors?  

JoelD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KippTech
Enthusiast - Level 2

For me, I had to change my Global setting to LTE/CDMA for the mobile network and then it was working again.

0 Likes
WAYHOL87

Its fixed now but I have 5 phones and all were the same no lte and very

spotty voice and data. I think u were having Nationwide issues from what I

could tell.

Speedy response would have been nice. I ahate talking to customer service

as they think some users are not tech savvy. They won't u to go through all

the normal steps which some people already do.

On Jan 7, 2018 10:20 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
WAYHOL87

Oh and it would be nice to have a support submission form so we don't have

to talk to anyone and get horrible service.

0 Likes