Service in Garrett County Maryland
DAVCAR1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have read that Verizon is planning in the near future no longer offering CDMA phones.  I currently own property in Garrett County Maryland and spend a lot of time there.  Verizon Wireless does not appear to offer service there and once I am in the area my phones roam onto another network.  Currently my phones can only make and receive calls or text messages and I have very limited internet (1X).  I was wondering does Verizon plan on adding service to this area?  Not sure if this just reaches users of Verizon or Verizon staff.

Labels (1)
Re: Service in Garrett County Maryland
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAVCAR1,

Providing you with superior service is the number one priority here at Verizon Wireless. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your service but we will look into this further for you. Can you provide an actual zip code for the area in question? What kind of phone do you have? We are definitely here to help. 

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JMK87

21541 is where we have no service on our phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That sounds like no view of the tower. Here is a helpful video that you might find useful. Also to improve your signal, is Roaming on? - Carter

0 Likes
JMK87

Hi...roaming is on.   However no signal around the golf course or the lake even in the clear and open areas.   Suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help! Please send us a Private Message on Facebook or Direct Message on Twitter, so we can best assist you. 

0 Likes
ldk58

Did you ever get a result?? I used to have at least 1X service but now nothing! Figure they removed IX from service so now there is no cell tower available for us. My husband's ATT phone works so may need to switch. Hate to move to another provider but CANNOT live without ANY service around the Oakland/Garrett county area since we now live here full time. 

They sent a booster for the house but does me no good when driving around the area.

Please let me know. THANKS!!!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes