PROMISE TO PAY SET UP FOR 1/3/20 & VERIZON TOOK OUT PAYMENT ON 12/30/19. NOT HAPPY!
carmenrenee

Dec 22,2019 I set up a promise to pay for a later date. Auto pay for me is 12/30/19. I needed payment to come out 1/3/20 for reason of not having overdraft & fee on my bank account. I received  texts & emails on 12/22/19 that this is set up. Today 12/30/19 I receive email that they recieved my payment. Not a way to start a Monday morning going to work. Not only am I trying to not be very angry, now I'm questioning whether I am staying after 2 year agreement is up 04/20. I spoke to Chastity this morning at 8am to explain & she stated payment will be refunded 3-5 days. Well that is not going to change the fact NOW I'm being charged $36 overdraft fee with my bank. I thought I made the right decsion of trusting Verizon with this as I have done this once before & no issues. So verizon customers please beware if you need to do this!!! I've been happy with Verizon until now. I AM NOT the type of person to have an overdraft fee hanging over my head. I thought that this issue could be escalated as this is THEIR fault/error but no luck for me.

0 Likes
Re: PROMISE TO PAY SET UP FOR 1/3/20 & VERIZON TOOK OUT PAYMENT ON 12/30/19. NOT HAPPY!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

carmenrenee,

I definitely apologize for any confusion over this process as I know how tough it can be to have money come out early, especially around the holidays. I'd like to clarify what happened here so we set the right expectations for you going forward. We value your business and want to make sure you're set up for success not just through April but going forward as we definitely don't want to see you go.

A promise to pay actually doesn't do anything to stop your Auto Payment from coming out. So in this case while you set up a promise to pay for 1/3, your Auto Payment still came out on 12/30 like it normally did. This isn't an error, that is actually how things are supposed to work. For customers with Auto Pay, if you choose to set up a promise to pay that is after your normal Auto Pay date, you also have to go in and suspend the Auto Pay for that one month. You can do this through My Verizon or you can contact us to help with that. If you don't though, the Auto Pay will still come out like normal. I'm sorry this wasn't clear and I can assure you we will do all we can to get your money back to you as soon as possible. In the future though, if you set up a promise to pay, make sure to turn off your Auto Pay for that month as well since that isn't automatic. Does this make sense?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes