No credit on trade in on phone confirmed received by Verizon reps & UPS but listed as never shipped
BH0215
Enthusiast - Level 2

On Nov 27 I ordered 2 new iphones & confirmed we could keep our plan and get $650 credit on each phone with our trade ins. I checked their site after we set this up and all the details including phone trade in models and amounts were correct. We received labels to send in old phones & tracking from UPS. Phones were shipped in separate boxes each with their own shipping labels & UPS tracking showing that both were delivered to Verizon, though Verizon lists one phone as undelivered. When they evaluated the phone that they listed as "received" they changed the credit on that one to $800 but didn't increase the credit on my account. I have called twice and both reps confirmed that both phones were received and that I would receive full credit ... two month later we still have no credit for the 2nd phone and Verizon is billing me back from the credits they gave me for that trade in.... I plan to call one more time today then will be filing complaints with the FCC, BBB & Mn Attorney General -  All I expected was what was promised but this seems like it's a way to intentionally cheat people out of hundred of dollars and stick them with a contract with a company they no longer trust. 

Re: No credit on trade in on phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern regarding the expected credit. We certainly want you to receive the qualifying credits to the account. When you check the status of the trade in via the trade in site is there a reason provided as to why the first credit was increased from $650.00 to $800.00 and nothing for the second? 

-Tionna

0 Likes
BH0215
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is correct - Yesterday right after I posted on the Community Forum they sent an email saying they had applied an credit to my 1st phone (which was supposed to have happened a while ago)  Today they sent an email saying they had checked the 2nd phone today (the one they had listed as not received) and said that they had updated the value of that one to $800 which would be applied in credit over the next 24 months  - which is what they had said on the 6+ they evaluated back in December... Hoping that is per phone and not total as I was quoted $650 per phone & both phones were in good working condition in fact the iPhone 6 had a brand new battery. 

0 Likes
BH0215
Enthusiast - Level 2

No and I called to check twice and I was told I would get full credit for both phones  - Yesterday right after I posted on the Community Forum I received an email saying they had applied an credit to my bill for the 1st phone (which was supposed to have happened a while ago)  Today they sent an email saying they had checked the 2nd phone today (the one they had listed as not received) and said that they had updated the value of that one to $800 which would be applied in cedit over the next 24 months  - which is what they had said on the 6+ they evaluated back in December... Hoping that is per phone and not total as I was quoted $650 per phone & both phones were in good working condition in fact the iPhone 6 had a brand new battery.  - I would like full credit for both phones and would like them applied over the 24 month period as was stated in the emails I received

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad to hear that the 1st line has received their monthly credits. That is a good sign if you received the email about the 2nd line. When you do a trade in on your devices, I do want to let you now that it can take some time for the trade in's to be processed, especially after the holiday season. It an take time for the warehouse to receive the device, check it in, go through inspection, and finally have the promotion applied. We usually let customers know it can take up to 1-2 bill cycles after mailing your device in and the warehouse receiving it to see the monthly credits on your bill. You do receive back credits for any months that may have passed. 

-Christine

0 Likes
BH0215
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both phones were received by Verizon on the same date back in December - I have documentation from UPS plus have called Verizon twice and the reps confirmed both were received and I would get full credit for the trade ins  - I just want to receive  full credits for both phones and I want them applied during the 24 month period as was specified in the emails I have received ( I believe currently they have it applied during a 30 month period and it does not include the credits for the 2nd phone that they have finally listed as received and evaluated- as of today) - Currently Verizon is billing me back over $60 for credits I received for the phone that they said they did not receive... I would appreciate any assistance and clarification you can provide

0 Likes
BH0215
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any how I can find out my full credits on both phones now that they have them both listed as received and evaluated

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

-Sylvia

0 Likes
BH0215
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would appreciate that - I was promised a minimum of $1300 for the 2 phones- have gotten two updates that said I would get $800 for each phone applied during a  24 month period  - which I would appreciate since I have spent quite a bit of time trying to resolve this - I would like clarification and credits issued to my account ASAP and would like all credits to be completed during that 24 month period - Guessing I am responding to your private message but if I am not, please let me know how to access that message

0 Likes