Mobile cell tower
Teammontana

In Montana, when there is a local forest fire, the Forest Service brings in a mobile cell tower and our neighborhood cell service goes from 0-1 bar to a full 5 bars. What can we do to get one of these mobile cell towers so we can have good voice and data on a permanent basis? I am sure our large community would be willing to possibly purchase this if it is possible.

0 Likes
Re: Mobile cell tower
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand your concern about ensuring that you have services on your device. With regarding the mobile cell towers, at this time, these towers are used in emergency situations. I do want to ask you about what exactly you are experiencing on your device? 

0 Likes
Teammontana

In our area, we are about 3 mlles from good service. Internet is incredibly slow and the phone company oversold what is available making the problem worse. With a good Verizon signal, our internet and phone problems would be solved. We currently have a Verizon Network Extender, but since it works through our internet, our cellular service is poor and our internet doesn't work when a cell call comes through the extender. I show a periodic LTZ signal when standing on our roof, but nothing consistent.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm truly sorry to hear you don't have the best signal near your home Teammontana. I can understand how frustrating this is especially when you have to constantly move around your home and on the roof to get a signal. This is not the experience we want you to have with our network. What is your zip code? Have we assist you with any troubleshooting or submitted a ticket for your area recently? A ticket is an investigation to have our upper-level technicians and engineers review the area and let us know how its covered and if service can be improved.

0 Likes