How to file a complaint
SE8369
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m livid. I participated in two trade in promotions from the Verizon store valued $579 each. We got the new phones that day, transferred the data and sent the old ones off in the packaging that was provided. A few weeks later I ask about the status of the trade in and I’m told that my plan didn’t qualify for that promotion. I was never explained what that even means. Now, does that mean that once again Verizon us shafted me? Now i owe them $1160 for two phones that I was told would be a trade in? I’m honestly blown away. I have no idea what is going on and their service rep was useless. Their only response was, “how bout we change your plan?” So can I have the old phones back? Or are those now stolen? Does Verizon really have the audacity to just mess their customers like that? Then on top of that I’m told not once but TWICE that we would save $80 per month by enrolling in auto pay and paperless billing. I set it all up and they say “you have the wrong plan for this promotion” HOW BOUT VERIZON FIGURES THEIR SERVICE OUT AND STOPS LYING. I am blown away at how easy it is for them to have a complete lack of integrity. Who do I have to get ahold of to rectify this? Congress? Good lord.

Re: How to file a complaint
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure that you are able to get this taken care of, SEB369. Please send us a Private Message.

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
SE8369
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sent one two days ago, still waiting for a reply…

0 Likes
SE8369
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also was told 4 days ago that I would be contacted by some “escalation person” to help resolve this and I still haven’t heard from them, sounds like y’all are just all talk at this point. Hope the community sees how horrible this customer service is.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to here about any trouble with qualifying for a promotion. Generally, if you would like to take a promotion you don't qualify for, even after you have already sent in your devices, a representative can help you adjust your plan or account to meet the requirements, and then they can manually apply for you so that you still get the promotion. It sounds like this is what was offered. If you would like to have the account updated, keep in mind there is a time limit to do this manually after the fact. It's not possible to receive a promotion without meeting the requirements, unfortunately. We also do offer an Auto Pay & Paperless discount for many of our programs. You'll be able to review this discount program and see which plans it applies to here: https://www.verizon.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/ If you still have questions, please let us know.

0 Likes
Slow83
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I have experienced undue hardship since I first opened my account on June 16. Due to an error on your end my new phone was shipped to me when I was supposed to pick it up and store the day that I placed the order having reported the error a stock delivery was issued so I never received the original phone. I had to wait a full month until you guys received the original phone back to the Verizon warehouse before I could get another one. I did not activate my new phone until July 12th, having picked it up on July 10th in store. Due to this confusion my trade in was deemed late because they were basing the submission off of the original sales agreement which I was told by Verizon would not be an issue and all promotions would be honored. Not only have I been billed duplicate charges because I received my first bill based on the initial purchase, but have been left in tears because no one seems to understand the issue. I finally spoke to an individual in the trade in dept. who reassured me I would receive the full $800 trade in value and that my account would be fixed. This was my 11th call to Verizon, and as of today I have not been reimbursed nor is my account corrected. I have explained that I am very sick and am physically disabled, and that this has caused me to get very exhausted. I would like if someone could escalate this issue, review my account- specifically all the payments I have made and combine and modify the duplicate charges resulting in having 2 different service agreements. I had asked for a screen protector after my 3rd call and having had waited a full month for my phone but I didn’t even get a call back from the representative that promised to help me. This is horrible and unfair treatment to a person who is in good health never mind someone who is sick and permanently disabled! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Slow83. We want to ensure you receive the help you need to resolve this issue. We are  sending you a Private Note to assist you further.

*Cassie

0 Likes