How do I suspend my billing or cancel an account?
grumpe1

I transferred my phone number to Google since I can't get Verizon signal at my new job.  Now I cannot disconnect my Verizon account. I was on hold for 15 minutes last night, talked to a rep for 30 minutes, but after being placed on hold for the 4th time was disconnected.  His supervisor was also supposed to call me back but never did.  When I try to click suspend billing on my account, it won't let me.  When I try to alter my device in my account, I can't.   I was told the stores couldn't help me as I needed to speak with billing.  I've been on hold for over an hour this morning waiting to talk to someone at customer service.   I think I need a live person, but have no idea if there is someone actually answering these phones.  I have a job (two actually) and can't spend all day on the phone!  What do I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I suspend my billing &/or talk to a live person?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

*611 from your handset or 800-922-0204 from any phone.... option 4 (Other), then say "AGENT" at the prompt.  I've never been on hold longer than 2 or 3 minutes before being connected to a live person....

View solution in original post

grumpe1

After an hour and 12 minutes on hold... "I'm sorry, we are experiencing system problems and are unable to process your call.  Please try again later."

You are kidding me, right?!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

*611 from your handset or 800-922-0204 from any phone.... option 4 (Other), then say "AGENT" at the prompt.  I've never been on hold longer than 2 or 3 minutes before being connected to a live person....

grumpe1

Wow you are lucky. Those are the numbers I have been using. I'm trying again and have been on hold 15 minutes now. Other suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be delighted to assist today grumpe1. In order to resolve this issue we do have a few options. You can reach out to us by dialing *611 from your device, visit your local store http://bit.ly/3SdsA, or utilize an alternative contact method http://bit.ly/yN1P80. Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
tracyby
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try this # 1800-568-7731

0 Likes
chillybt
Enthusiast - Level 2

the tiny urls listed by Verizon are blank ur'ls, they dont exist! one would expect a bit more honesty from such a large company that is consumer driven. ive had enough as well, and it is much easier to contact your congressman or woman and ask them to help. thats what i intend on doing. Verizon outsources virtually all calls that request cancellation of service. i also refuse to pay via my MOP, and ask the charge be flagged as suspicious. its immediatlyremoved from my MOP account.

0 Likes