How do I know if service was disconnected or I was blocked?
Avael
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have a Samsung galaxy s9 and I'm trying to contact an iPhone user who also has Verizon. If I call them,  how would I know if their service was disconnected or if I was blocked or if they simply hung up on my call? 

Also I'm using the message+ app to text, how do I know through that app?
0 Likes
Re: How do I know if service was disconnected or I was blocked?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have been blocked, you will hear a message stating the person you are trying to reach has restrictions on the line. You will get a similar message if you tried to text them and your message won't go through. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If you were blocked it would act as if the number is not in service, and let you know the number cannot be reached. If you were having service concerns, it would happen with more than one caller, and/or have a specific announcement message for the error.

RobertH_VZW

0 Likes
Avael
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay thank you!

So if it says something mentioning Verizon and then the called (or calls) party is temporarily unavailable, that means it was disconnected? I know it rings over 6 times which is why I asked as its a bit confusing. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it is ringing over 6 times, the line doesn't have a voicemail associated with it and either the person isn't there or they are purposely not answering the call. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're welcome, Avael! Also, that is correct. It means the line is disconnected. I hope this helps clarify. CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes