Customer Service Issue
Tlastinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi!  I recently purchased (on Dec. 14th - Deborah Ruth - Chat 08a7e789-75bb-40b7-85fd-39ebc7725800) a Samsung Galaxy phone and Gizmo (backordered but still purchased) watch for my sons for Christmas.  I purchased via the chat option on Verizon.com.  I was told that I would be able to trade in my son's old phone for a $700 trade in to be applied to our monthly bill making the phone payment a little over $4 a month instead of about $27.  I was also told that if I purchased both at the same time there would be an additional $150 savings.  At the end of the chat, I even asked for the chat record to be sent to me for my records. and was told that I could screenshot (it was way too long to do that) or keep the chat ID, which I did.

The phone arrived 2 days later, but we didn't open until Christmas Day.  I noticed that the trade in label wasn't in the box like I was expecting.  On Monday, Dec. 27th, I reached out to Verizon to call me through the app on my phone (Sharon at 9:21 am EST) to request the trade in label so I could send back the older phone for trade in.  I was told that there was no trade in on my account, and that the phone actually had no trade in value.  I repeatedly asked about the chat conversation and was told that it didn't matter.  She could not access the chat record (why not?) and even if she could, they weren't going to honor it.  I spoke to a supervisor as well who was no more help than the first representative.  The recurring comment was either pay the full price or send the phone back.  I couldn't believe how insensitive they were not having access to what I was already told and knowing that the items in question were presents for children.  

I was adamant that I needed to speak to her supervisor and/or someone who could access the chat records.  I was told that wasn't possible - that I would have to wait for a call back. (I was even told that there was no record of the chat on my file until I gave them to chat ID and suddenly, they could see that there was a chat but couldn't read it.)  I was told that the customer service rep (the next highest) would call me back within 72 hours (it's now 8 days later and I still haven't had a call back) and the chat supervisor (the only one who could access the chat records) would call me within 7-10 days (I'm not holding my breath).

The Gizmo watch has since come in for my youngest son.  He has seen it, but I won't let him activate until we get this sorted out, which just stinks for a 9 year old.  So - both of my son's have Christmas gifts that I agreed to buy under certain terms and prices, and Verizon can't read their own records or call me back.  I told the representatives that the only two options on their end were to honor the terms and prices of the chat or take the phone/watch back and cancel my contract.  If neither of those options were agreed upon, I would take it to my credit card company as fraud.  

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Customer Service Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can definitely take a closer look into your account, and see what happened. We always want a device order to go through smoothly, as well as any promotions. So we can continue, please send a Private Note. Thanks! -Jordan

0 Likes
Tlastinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am new to this community forum thing.  I didn't initially see the reply from customer service.  I sent a private message today.  We will see what is done about this issue.

0 Likes
Tlastinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

This problem has *finally* been resolved after 5+ hours spent with customer service and multiple different conversations and representatives.  In my opinion, that's just a little bit crazy when the entire issue was caused by a Verizon chat representative.

Here's what I've learned from this that I hope can help someone else - 

1) Take pics, keep names and dates, and chat IDs of everything!  Especially if you purchase, make sure you have everything documented.

2) Don't take no for an answer.  During this, I was told that there was nothing that they could do so many times, and I simply kept saying that's not acceptable and referencing back to the chat log.

3) This forum and private messaging seems to be the best way to get help.  The phone customer service representatives were rude, uncaring, and just wanted to get me off the phone.  They promised call backs from representatives that never happened.

4) If you purchased from Verizon, and they are not sticking to what you agreed to, contact your credit card company with all your documentation.  That's what the last thing came down to - I contacted my credit card company and they were fully willing to dispute the charges with Verizon.  I gave Verizon the choice to resolve it with me or handle it through a dispute with my credit card company.  They, finally, gave in.

I am glad that the situation was resolved, but I hate all that it took to get to this point.  It was never about the money for me.  It was a principle issue.  There are many people that would've dropped it because of the time and headache, but I wasn't going to send back my children's Christmas presents or pay more than I was told because Verizon thought they could bully me around.  I'm thankful it's done, but Verizon, you should really do better.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tlastinger, we know it is important to get the help you need when you need it and are concerned to hear you had such an ordeal to get your issue resolved. We want you to know that we are available on this platform 24/7 and should you have any questions or concerns in the future we are here to help. Thank you for being a loyal Verizon Wireless customer!*Joshua

0 Likes