Coverage map is complete fraud
Iain2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just moved to a new address. Checked the coverage map to make sure I would be OK, and the map showed total coverage of the entire area.

In reality, there are a handful of isolated spots with coverage. Walk literally a few feet from any of these spots and coverage is lost.

Absolute scam and consumer fraud.

Re: Coverage map is complete fraud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Iain2, having coverage issues is no fun at all. We never want our customers to feel our coverage maps aren't accurate. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. Does this issue occur indoors or outdoors? Are you aware of other Verizon customers experiencing the same issue? Please provide the city, state, and nearest cross streets where you are experiencing issues. 

JustinB_VZW

0 Likes
Iain2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem occurs both indooorsand outdoors and a friend with a Verizon phone had the same issue. There is no coverage and the map is deceptive.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lain2, congratulations on the move and I'm sorry to hear that your experience is not in alignment with our coverage map. Help is here. What signal strength are you receiving on your phone? Since you have recently moved, do you have Wi-Fi available at your new location? Looking forward to hearing back.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
Iain2
Enthusiast - Level 2

In the house, the phone just constantly searches for a signal. Outside I get one bar, but calls are garbled. I have found one or two places where I can make a call, but I have to remain perfectly still. If I wander just a few feet in any direction, the call is lost. I just spent the best part of an hour in the pouring rain rooted to the spot waiting for one of your useless customer service reps to call me back. 

My home does have Wi-Fi, but I have a Samsung Gusto flip-phone, so I don't think it will connect.

0 Likes
Iain2
Enthusiast - Level 2

The nearest intersection is Kunkletown Road and Chestnut Hill Road, but the entire area is pretty much a dead zone as far as I can tell. Very deceptive map.

0 Likes
Iain2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have filed complaints with the BBB and FCC.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Yes verizon delibertly webt to your area and made sure it didn't have coverage just to fool you. How about do some actual testing in that area FIRST before moving? In any case switch carriers

0 Likes
Iain2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not suggesting that Verizon engaged in some sophisticated scheme to decieve me, but I am suggesting that they use a sham coverage map to mislead the public.

Pretty sad that your raison d'etre is shilling for a multinational corporation that could not care less if you live or die.

Torch29pia
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can tell you that the Verizon coverage map shows complete coverage for Mantanzas beach Illinois 62644. The coverage their is non existent if your outside. It is impossible to revive phone Or Text signal. I have three phones on my plan. We hunt there and if someone ever got in an accident they would be in dire straits because their is ZERO service. The map needs to be accurate! 

Tags (1)
0 Likes