Billing issues
svt4lifez

I really hope someone from Verizon can help me on here...

I recently received my 1st month bill which is completely incorrect. I had an issue with picking my phones up at the verizon store which led to me and my wife sitting in the store for hours, Then having to return in the morning to spend another 5-6 hours sitting in the store for them to sit on hold numerous times and eventually cancelling my order out and redoing it in store with a billing person over the phone to "match" what was originally done in the original order.

I refuse to sit on hold for hours or sit in the store again and at this point I am just plain angry off at the level of customer service I am receiving especially as a new customer coming from another provider.

I can provide a pdf of what the original billing was supposed to be that has the breakdown of charges.

Currently my first bill is showing $677.75. This should be $356.65 and following months should be $251.65

I was also charged $280 something in the store when it should have been $239.25 when picking the phones up. The lady at the store told me she was calling to credit me for the 1 time activation fee's to make up for my time and the difference in this charge.

0 Likes
Re: Billing issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello svt4lifez,

I would be concerned too if my bill were different from what I expected. We are here to help! When you look at your bill, it will itemize each charge for you as well as provide a date range the charge covers. When you review your bill, which charges are you having questions about?

0 Likes
svt4lifez

The entire bill does not make sense compared to what I have printed when I checked out from the verizon website when signing up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that the bill does make sense. I would love to help. Can you tell me what does not match? Please tell me more. -AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The very first bill with Verizon Wireless will be higher than normal. This is expected. The first bill includes the charges for the full billing cycle you are in, a partial month of charges for a few days before the regular billing cycle started, and any activation fees that weren't paid when you picked up the phones. The first bill might not have the discount applied for paperless billing and autopay.

You would have also paid for the sales taxes for the phones and any accessories you purchased in the store when you picked up the phones.

If you post an image of your detailed bill, please remove any personal information from the image before uploading it to your post. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
svt4lifez

Like I said, This is the confirmation I received. I also have a more thorough breakdown from the website saved if I need to provide it.

I do not understand why the Verizon store did what they did when I tried to pick up the phones, but I was sitting there listening to the phone conversation with the person at the store and whoever was from verizon on the other end while they recreated the order and said it would match this exactly because something was messed up in the system.

Why is my current bill almost double what the first bill should be?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

svt4lifez The last thing we want is for you to pay more than you should. Having said that, I'm more than happy to take a look at your account so we can figure out why the bill is double than what you expected. I have sent you a private message here on this forum.

0 Likes
svt4lifez

Any input on this? I replied to the private message but have not received a response back. My bill is due in 2 days and I am not paying the amount it is showing. Ill gladly return the phones for those ridiculous charges.

0 Likes
svt4lifez

Yet still no help from verizon. Ive replied to 2 private messages. Emailed some kind of corporate email address. Went to a store to be turned away to return by appt 2 days out or wait 2 hours for them to maybe be able to help but said most likely ill have to call customer support for billing issues. why kind of business is verizon running? Sounds like i might need to file small claims court soon.

0 Likes