Almost no cell coverage now!
Shhbbo
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have been a customer over 10 years at the same address in Painesville Township, OH. Originally come to Verizon because they were the only service that had good coverage back then but then about 2 weeks ago signal strength went from 4 down to 1. Contacted Verizon and they can’t explain the change. They confirmed that the signal is weak but offered no remedy. Our only option seems to be to cancel our contract and move to ATT. With having to work from home now due to COVID-19 we need coverage. IF VERIZON CAN NOT REMIDY THIS THEY WILL LOOSE A GOOD CUSTOMER. Can anyone help or offer any advice?

Re: Almost no cell coverage now!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to help and provide you the best services at all times. We know how important it is to stay connected at all times. Can you please provide us more details on the information that was provided regarding the service in the area? Are all your services being impacted? GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Almost no cell coverage now! I live in Vancouver, Wa and some calls are being blocked?
colthousesetters

I live in Vancouver, Wa and some calls are being blocked.  I have no numbers on a block list.

0 Likes
LyleSp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a very similar problem. I have been a Verizon customer for over 20 years. Up until a couple months ago I had fair signal. We had a big wind storm come through one afternoon and the signal dropped significantly. I gave Verizon a couple days to correct the problem, then called and opened a "ticket". A mouth later with no improvement I tried the customer service chat. Still nothing. A couple days ago I sat on a chat with an agent for over an hour, before that agent quit responding.

What I suspect is happening is the maintenance crews are focusing on the metropolitan areas to the determent of their rural customers. Either that or they are focused on 5G and don't have the bandwidth to follow up on cell tower maintenance on the legacy systems.

I signed up with Hughes Net and got my internet back, but at a price. My call connectivity is still sketchy with Verizon (3G two bars). I'm hoping my most recent contact through this forum will yield results.

I had this problem once before and it was miraculously fixed the day after I emailed the VP of Technology. Those email addresses ate no longer available.

SuperHawk
Enthusiast - Level 2

7/4/2020, Same issues in western NC for over 2 months now. Service has dropped off for voice, data and SMS. We need to be in airplane mode and on WiFi using another service provider's internet connection to use Verizon "dis" connected devices. In the meantime, I get daily emails from Verizon offering to help me be a better business and offer better customer service when you cannot get anyone who cares from Verizon on the phone! When you do it takes an hour of my valuable time just trying to connect. Then the representative tells me I must be wrong or its my fault  or my device. I have already verified with many other people who have Verizon, but no service. 100% fed up and moving my business!

Bach15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here ! I am in upstate New York ,Zip 13679 and For the past year have been experiencing coverage issues.Previously worked fine. Am no longer able to rely/use my cell around my home. Glad I kept my landline for emergencies! I used to be able to use my hot spot. Not anymore- some days cannot even get a text to send. People living around me are having same issues ! We are 1 mile from a verizon tower !! Sometimes have 3G! Unfortunately we have no choice of service as we are rural- Att etc no coverge.

Shhbbo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,  yes, all services are impacted. Like l said we had very good reception up until a few weeks ago. Perhaps there was a weather related damage or Verizon made the decision to not renew a lease on a tower were the only suggested explanations l herd from the people I spoke with when I called and spoke with tech support. Tech support wasted time running through troubleshooting my cell phone.  I tried to explain that was not logical since all our phones, jetpack, and guests all have the same problem.  Almost no reception.  We were able to work from home when we had to close our office all through April, May, and most of June but all of a sudden in late June it’s impossible.  Can this be rectified?

0 Likes
Re: Almost no cell coverage now! I live in Vancouver, Wa and some calls are being blocked?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to keep you connected. How long has this been going on? Also, can you describe how you're being alerted on how the calls are blocked? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
ravenwidow

Same here in Michigan! Verizon was the only carrier that had coverage in our area & now my husband cannot make a phone call from work but his coworkers with T Mobile can

I am currently chatting with an agent who has asked me if we had tried troubleshooting on our phones! All twelve of my family members, with different plans?! we all have bad phones?! why

It looks like we all will be looking for a new carrier

0 Likes
Dkanalas

Service has gotten horrible here in Michigan. I can't send picture messages or make calls without being on wifi the last couple weeks. 

0 Likes