email will not sync
mattjaws
Enthusiast - Level 2

for three days, my droid razr maxx has not been able to sync any of my email accounts. all the accounts such as gmail and yahoo need to be manually checked. normally, these emails are set on push, but it's not happening. one account, for instance, had 19 emails once I checked it. furthermore, my corporate work email has the same issue. I don't have time to be constantly hitting the refresh button on my work email during the day and at night, I've got better things to do than constantly check my phone. turning the phone on and off did not help either. I have not changed any setting or downloaded any new apps within the last month. how can I fix the email issue without having to reinstall any of these accounts?

Labels (2)
Re: email will not sync
B33
Legend

To get them rolling again I would try running a clearing of the Cache partition and if you don't have to keep each email for a long period of time I wold clear the cache of your Corporate, and regular emails and Text messaging.. and it doesn't hurt to power cycle the phone at least once a day or every other day if you have allot of email coming in.. 

Give these suggestions a try if they don't work the first go around run them again.. Hopefully they'll start flowing in again for ya..b33

0 Likes
mattjaws
Enthusiast - Level 2

i've tried your suggestions a couple of times and nothing has worked. i did notice that under the sync setting, none of the emails, including the corporate email, had the sync turned on. none of the email settings were changed. all are set to push. I've tried changing this setting and it still doesn't solve the problem. the phone is also changing the days to sync from automatic to month. the check frequency is still set to push. any other ideas b33?

0 Likes
marksman

I wonder if this is a system related issue as this just began happening to my Dorid razr maxx 3-4 days ago as well. I also have an exchange email for work and verizon for personal use. Both email accounts are not working any longer and I have been using this phone for over a year. When i go into setting for each email it has SYNC activated. But when you review the email accounting from the settings screen the indicate that SYNC is off. It would appear we have the exact same system issue??  

0 Likes
mattjaws
Enthusiast - Level 2

it sounds like we have a similar problem. most of my email accounts are IMAPs. the work email is an exchange server. my boss has a droid micro hd and has the exact same problems.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mattjaws,

Let's get your emails flowing! Please remove/delete your email accounts from your phone, power your phone off/on and the set up your email accounts again. Test and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
mattjaws
Enthusiast - Level 2

deleting my work email (exchange server) is not going to happen. I do not have the access to the information to setup that particular email account and person who has that information will not be back in the office until january. there has to be another option.

0 Likes
mattjaws
Enthusiast - Level 2

well, I deleted all of the accounts and reinstalled them. none of the emails will sync. the green little circle on that sync screen is grey and it reads sync turned off or something like that. I've had people send emails and they are not being pushed to the phone. your suggestion did not work.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked the Data Usage area of the phone settings and verified background sync is turned on?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mattjaws
Enthusiast - Level 2

The auto-sync was turned on. however, I shut it off, powered the phone down. turned the phone on, switched the auto-sync to on. powered the phone down and when it restarted, some of the accounts began to sync, but others did not. i'll take this as a small victory.

0 Likes